Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone with the 4 inch lift experience an exhaust leak? I get this strange sound when accelerating and I'm pretty sure it's an exhaust leak, right where they tell you to cut the 3rd flange.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry, it's taken me a little while to get the pictures posted. After the tires were mounted, the front tires were rubbing a little on the air dam and on the front of the wheel well. I removed the air dam and had to figure out how to create a little clearance in the front of the tire.

I made a video of the air dam removal because the Youtube video showing that you need to remove the entire front fascia to remove the air dam annoys me. It only takes about 30 minutes to remove the air dam and you can do it from under the car with a torx t15 bit and 10mm socket in a 1/4 ratchet. I still haven't edited the video together, but I will post it in this section when completed

The other cool discovery was that I was able to pull the front of the inner wheel well forward by about one inch using the stock parts. I found it to be an elegant solution that costs me about $1 in parts and 15 minutes of my time to complete. It's stronger than stock and the change is reversible if I ever wanted to put it back to stock. Again, I took some video of the solution that I'll post when I have a spare moment.

Attached are pre/post measurements from stock to lifted with stock tires to lifted with larger tires. The measurements are slightly different on each tire, but some of that could be my own measurement inconsistency.

Let me know if you have any questions.

What size tires are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does anyone know how much farther a 17" wheel would need to be offset to clear the RC knuckle? They swear only 18s will work, but I know a couple guys have fit a 17" with a 2" spacer, so what would that be in an offset or is that still a stupid idea?

I'm mostly asking because apparently Grid will make a wheel how you want it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone with the 4 inch lift experience an exhaust leak? I get this strange sound when accelerating and I'm pretty sure it's an exhaust leak, right where they tell you to cut the 3rd flange.

UPDATE: It was an exhaust leak. The instructions have you cut the exhaust flange a little bit so I must've gone too far.

In order to fix this, i put gasket maker on the flange and put it back together. No strange noise anymore!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know how much farther a 17" wheel would need to be offset to clear the RC knuckle? They swear only 18s will work, but I know a couple guys have fit a 17" with a 2" spacer, so what would that be in an offset or is that still a stupid idea?

I'm mostly asking because apparently Grid will make a wheel how you want it.
Did you get any answers on this? The wheels I want aren't made in 18's.. Go figure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is it compatible to use an aftermarket coilover (king/fox/icon) with the the 4" RC lift? I don't mean additional lift, but rather use the RC for 4" lift, and then install a coilover for better ride quality and damping but keep it at the coilover itself adjusted at the 0" level.

What made me curious about this, is BDS does this with there 5.5" kit with the fox coilover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, it is possible to use aftermarket coilovers on the RC lift. I just had my King OEM coilovers w/ remote res delivered today, and had them built to a custom length to fit my 4" RC lift. I got mine through Filthy Motorsports, as they provided the option to get a custom length on the OEM kit. Took about 9 weeks to get them in once the order was placed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, it is possible to use aftermarket coilovers on the RC lift. I just had my King OEM coilovers w/ remote res delivered today, and had them built to a custom length to fit my 4" RC lift. I got mine through Filthy Motorsports, as they provided the option to get a custom length on the OEM kit. Took about 9 weeks to get them in once the order was placed.
Thats great news and so cool to hear your going this route. Filthy Motorsports is legit! they are some of the most knowledgable, and helpful guys in the offroad community. I would encourage anyone interested to check out their tech videos on youtube, incredibly in depth and informative!

When you get it installed please post up some pics! And any chance you could share with me the specs on the custom length Kings?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats great news and so cool to hear your going this route. Filthy Motorsports is legit! they are some of the most knowledgable, and helpful guys in the offroad community. I would encourage anyone interested to check out their tech videos on youtube, incredibly in depth and informative!

When you get it installed please post up some pics! And any chance you could share with me the specs on the custom length Kings?

They have been super helpful to make sure that I'm getting the best setup out of these shocks for how I'm using my truck. Couldn't be happier with them!

I plan to do the install this Friday, so I'll post some pics by this weekend.

For the specs, see the attached photo of the measurements I provided Filthy Motorsports per their instructions, and also what is stated on the invoice when they were delivered, which is what I assume they provided King to make the custom length.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is going to be a great setup! Do you know if your also able to go with an aftermarket upper control arm with the RC 4" kit?

I don't know for sure if you can get the aftermarket UCA, but I may look into it later. Here's some photo's of the install. Truck rides amazing! Can't wait to take it out on some forest roads to really test them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm doing the same exact setup rn, any problem running 4" lift with the 17" rims, i know 18 was recommended. i can't return them so praying theyll work

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm doing the same exact setup rn, any problem running 4" lift with the 17" rims, i know 18 was recommended. i can't return them so praying theyll work
I'm running 17s on the 4 in kit. I believe that's the smallest you could go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know for sure if you can get the aftermarket UCA, but I may look into it later. Here's some photo's of the install. Truck rides amazing! Can't wait to take it out on some forest roads to really test them out.
How much did the custom shocks cost? Front and rear.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
4" lift

Finally got my 4" rough country on! just another for you guys to look at

17x8.5 method grid

285/70/17 falken at3w (minor plastic trimming.

mpg down to about 16. speedometer off by a lot as well (7mph at 70+)

extremely happy. pictures don't do it justice, wouldn't want to go any bigger. looks and feels great

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Finally got my 4" rough country on! just another for you guys to look at

17x8.5 method grid

285/70/17 falken at3w (minor plastic trimming.

mpg down to about 16. speedometer off by a lot as well (7mph at 70+)

extremely happy. pictures don't do it justice, wouldn't want to go any bigger. looks and feels great

Lookin’ good! 0 offset, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Site Sponsor
422 Posts
101 - 120 of 128 Posts