Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I ordered a 2017 Denali 4x4 diesel. Stinking $49K list but I'll get about $4K off. RC is updating their lift, fixing some issues and it should be available very soon for the diesel. Zone is also talking about building a less extreme lift with some affordable reservoir shocks to boot. I'll decide which lift to go with once the truck arrives in January '17 but right now the RC 5" fits my needs and importantly, the right look for me.

I don't know if you noticed but the production Denali wheels look MUCH higher quality than the proto wheels that were shown. I just don't love 20s on a truck, but who am I kidding, I'm a mall crawler. I want my lifted truck for ski trips, muddy job sites, and dropping boats in the water. I don't intend to take it for any real offroading.

It's your truck, your money, so get it the way you want it. I'm with you. I like the look of a factory only slightly higher.

Sent from somewhere in Arkansas.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The RC site now has a Diesel option, same price.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
RC is in the process of redoing the end links.

The X-member they provide will now have a hole in it as well to access the diesel oil drain plug.

They actually aren't selling any of their Twin lifts at this time, but are going to resume selling them very soon. Like any day.

One big advantage of waiting for a platform to mature a little bit is that if you like to mod, you have much better choices as time goes on.

GDE tuning, proper lift, AMP steps, all take time to bring to market.

Still missing is proper fitment hubcentric aftermarket wheels and that Canadian sliding/ locking topper I love so much. We might never get those items actually.

If you guys study the wheels, all the wheel options are made for much heavier full size trucks. They are built for heavier loads and are really a bit too wide. To clear the lifts the offset has to be wide which now places your tires out past the fenders. The largest issue though is tires, because a 9" rim needs a 285 width tire to have proper fitment and they are all extremely heavy, which causes issues with our electronic steering gear box. In addition to reduced mpg, reduced power to the wheels etc... I had to start at picking the tires I wanted and work my way back to trying to find a wheel. Then I realized there were no wheels that fit correctly and are 8.5" width, so I ended up back on the stock wheels. The good news is the Denali has pretty wheels.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Unless they haven't updated the mobile site, the 5" still does not fit the Duramax.

The 4in one has an engine type pull down menu, there you can select gas or diesel. Didnt see it on the 5in

·
Registered
179 Posts
RC is in the process of redoing the end links.

The X-member they provide will now have a hole in it as well to access the diesel oil drain plug.

They actually aren't selling any of their Twin lifts at this time, but are going to resume selling them very soon. Like any day.

One big advantage of waiting for a platform to mature a little bit is that if you like to mod, you have much better choices as time goes on.

GDE tuning, proper lift, AMP steps, all take time to bring to market.

Still missing is proper fitment hubcentric aftermarket wheels and that Canadian sliding/ locking topper I love so much. We might never get those items actually.

If you guys study the wheels, all the wheel options are made for much heavier full size trucks. They are built for heavier loads and are really a bit too wide. To clear the lifts the offset has to be wide which now places your tires out past the fenders. The largest issue though is tires, because a 9" rim needs a 285 width tire to have proper fitment and they are all extremely heavy, which causes issues with our electronic steering gear box. In addition to reduced mpg, reduced power to the wheels etc... I had to start at picking the tires I wanted and work my way back to trying to find a wheel. Then I realized there were no wheels that fit correctly and are 8.5" width, so I ended up back on the stock wheels. The good news is the Denali has pretty wheels.
I think you're thinking into it wayyy too much :rofl your truck your goodies!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Rough country 4"

Actually thinking of doing the 4" lift as I don't really want to do much bodywork anymore. Got some money coming in and can spring for the 4" kit, anyone install it themselves? The instructions dont seem to difficult.

I was wondering if I can use my 2.5" autospring front strut spacers in combination with the kit and the levelling blocks I got from Zone Offroad on the bed?

or should I just stop effing around and go right for the 5" kit. I didn't want to go that high, but if eliminates the tire issues I've been having, then so be it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have a question. I am about to pull the trigger on a 4" kit from RC.

Currently I have a 2" level kit installed, does this come out with the installation of the RC lift or does it stay in. In other words does the lift kit also levels the truck?

Also, I am planning to keep the 18" factory wheels, I see some of you here have done that with a 1.5" spacer, do you think a 1.25" space will allow enough clearance? I really do not like the tires to stick out to much.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a question. I am about to pull the trigger on a 4" kit from RC.

Currently I have a 2" level kit installed, does this come out with the installation of the RC lift or does it stay in. In other words does the lift kit also levels the truck?

Also, I am planning to keep the 18" factory wheels, I see some of you here have done that with a 1.5" spacer, do you think a 1.25" space will allow enough clearance? I really do not like the tires to stick out to much.

The lift kit will level the truck. The 1.25" spacers I THINK will clear, if your talking about the knuckle clearance. I have the 4" RC, OE 18" wheels and 33" BFGs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Seems to be a lot of people not having issue with running wheel spacers. In the H2 forums we are constantly talking people out of spacers due to safety of putting them on such a large and heavy vehicle.

That being said, are spacers more acceptable on these smaller trucks because they are not too heavy? Generally speaking one should always run high quality hub centric spacers. Higher end spacers tend to be very pricey as well.

I'm just curious as I do plan on probably a 4" lift in the near future but I also like the stock SLT wheels.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Seems to be a lot of people not having issue with running wheel spacers. In the H2 forums we are constantly talking people out of spacers due to safety of putting them on such a large and heavy vehicle.

That being said, are spacers more acceptable on these smaller trucks because they are not too heavy? Generally speaking one should always run high quality hub centric spacers. Higher end spacers tend to be very pricey as well.

I'm just curious as I do plan on probably a 4" lift in the near future but I also like the stock SLT wheels.

I ran 1.25" spacers on an H3 Alpha for over 3 years with 0 issues. I had the 1.25" Bora on a Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi for 6 months with no issues. I sold it to buy this Canyon. I have had 1.5" Boras on this for close to 3000 miles. I have checked the lugs 2 times and they have all been tight. I would rather not run them, but the budget I was working with and the fact that I really like the 18" OE wheels dictated my choice. My son also had Boras on a 4 Runner for close to 4 years and had no problems. That being said I would not buy the no name stuff off of eBay either. The guys on the Hummer forum are actually the ones who got me looking at that option. I know of a bunch of those guys that actually abused their rides on the rocks and never had a problem. That was though on the H3, which is not quite as heavy as an H2.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts