Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Diesel Leveling Kit

Anyone out there have the Rough Country 2" Level Kit on their Duramax Canyon or Colorado?

I had a 2016 SLT CCLB Diesel and I put the Zones 1.25" kit on it and it was not quite level. I contacted Rough Country and they said that 2" would level a 2018, but I read that 2" is good for the V6 models but too much on the Diesels. Just trying to find out so I know what to order for my 2018 Denali CCLB Diesel

Thanks

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
So the company that makes them "told" you one thing but you "read" some where another thing?????????

·
Registered
61 Posts
I didn’t like comparing measurements of the fender on the canyon because the front and rear fenders are not molded similarly at all. I threw a level on the bed and side steps, that seemed like the better option.

^^^Exactly. Just because the measurement to the bottom of the fenders indicate the back is higher doesn’t mean it is. I also put a level on my steps and on the bed. Also the hood slopes down toward the bumper. So what is actually higher than the rear? The bottom of the front fender, the front of the hood, the back of the hood? Just because the rear fender may measure higher doesn’t mean the truck will have the overall appearance of being higher in the back.

I measured mine from the frame to the ground and I have always though the 2" level gave these trucks the prerunner look.

·
Registered
67 Posts
bringing this thread back. I know some get butthurt but i didn't want to start a new thread. I'm looking to possibly do a 1" rear block and a 2" front lift. Anyone have an idea what labor costs to expect if i don't decide to do it myself? i think if i do it i'm adding a 1" rear block, longer rear Rough Country shocks and then in the front i'm gonna do their 2" strut kit with the whole assembly. Anyone have experience with their kit?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yea old thread. But I have recently had the Rough Country 2" strut/spring combination leveling kit put on my 2019 Colorado 4x4 crew cab and measuring and looking at it it appears to be perfectly level. Rides same as OEM. Only had to have alignment done. Great so far!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yea old thread. But I have recently had the Rough Country 2" strut/spring combination leveling kit put on my 2019 Colorado 4x4 crew cab and measuring and looking at it it appears to be perfectly level. Rides same as OEM. Only had to have alignment done. Great so far!
well i kinda want to maintain a little rake because i do tow occasionally. I am thinking a 2" kit and then a 1" rear block lift and maybe a longer shock or shock extension. Coupling this with my colorado flares on my Canyon All Terrain and my 1.5" spacers on the wheels and bigger tires it will have the perfect stance for me :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess I will ask my question here as well, since we are resurrecting the dead...

I'm planning to put a camper shell on the back of my truck and level it. I assume the extra weight in the back will compress the rear shocks a little bit. So my assumption is that a 1.25 or 1.5 should level it out nicely. Am I out to lunch with these thoughts?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
No, yoou should be about right on or still a little rake, unless you loda the back with a lot of heavy stuff.

as to Coletrain, I priced around to just have the front spacer installed with alignment, the 3 4x4 shops I went to wanted $800+ with them buying the spacers..

I was at a local tire shop getting the wifes oil changed and mentioned it to the desk guy.who had no clue, another guy was walking buy and said he just did it on his Sliver-RaDo and he said 2 hours labor and alignment, so it was like $285

if you are going with the RC double spacers you might look at the complete struts that
Rough country has, see below, also on tht page extended rear shocks

·
Registered
67 Posts
No, yoou should be about right on or still a little rake, unless you loda the back with a lot of heavy stuff.

as to Coletrain, I priced around to just have the front spacer installed with alignment, the 3 4x4 shops I went to wanted $800+ with them buying the spacers..

I was at a local tire shop getting the wifes oil changed and mentioned it to the desk guy.who had no clue, another guy was walking buy and said he just did it on his Sliver-RaDo and he said 2 hours labor and alignment, so it was like $285

if you are going with the RC double spacers you might look at the complete struts that
Rough country has, see below, also on tht page extended rear shocks

I wouldn't be using the spacers, i'd use the strut/spring combo instead of the spacers. Id rather got that way. I would block the rear and extend the rear shocks. I may talk to a local mechanic i know and see what he says. Also i brought this thread back because it seems opening a new thread without searching is a no no and posting in an old thread to not start a new one is also a no no

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good to hear! Installing this kit on mine this Saturday and getting some 265/70R17 tires put on

21 - 31 of 31 Posts