Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to have my leveling kit installed on Colorado, and I got a phone call about a half an hour after I left. They said the kit came with two options, one inch and two inch lift/level. He said if he installed the two inch option, it would make the front end higher than the back. I'm not capable of doing this install, and I trust this shop from going there for a few years so I said go for the one inch. It turned out fine (I think) but has anyone encountered this? Here's how it turned out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Measure from the ground thru the center of the rim to the bottom of the wheel well on the front and back. This will tell you if its level

·
Registered
299 Posts
I put the 1" RC upper strut spacer on first, and wanted more. So then I put the second part of the level kit on, which is the 1" preload spacer (together, these two parts make up the 2" RC level lift). I drove it around for a month feeling like the back end was too low...so then I put a 1" block on the rear and that made all the difference.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear others felt the same about 1 inch making it level. I will definitely measure though. Thank you all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
I went to have my leveling kit installed ohn Colorado, and I got a phone call about a half an hour after I left. They said the kit came with two options, one inch and two inch lift/level. He said if he installed the two inch option, it would make the front end higher than the back. I'm not capable of doing this install, and I trust this shop from going there for a few years so I said go for the one inch. It turned out fine (I think) but has anyone encountered this? Here's how it turned out.
Hope the shop gave you a discount on the install with only installing the spacers as it’s another hour or so to install the full kit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a rough country 2” level on my Canyon. The front end is not higher than the back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I installed the 2" RC level kit and the front is not higher than the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I know people are posting that with the RC 2 inch level, the front is not higher than the rear. But did you all also take measurements from the ground, center of tire, to bottom of fender? I know trucks are all different. My RC 2inch level put the front slightly higher than rear (fender measurments) by like .25 to .50 inches. I have a 1 inch rear block now, but that was my plan. I think a 1.25 or 1.50 inch level is probably the closest to level. Edit: I also took a measurement from top middle of tire to bottom of fender it's like exactly about ~8 inches all around.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I know people are posting that with the RC 2 inch level, the front is not higher than the rear. But did you all also take measurements from the ground, center of tire, to bottom of fender? I know trucks are all different. My RC 2inch level put the front slightly higher than rear (fender measurments) by like .25 to .50 inches. I have a 1 inch rear block now, but that was my plan. I think a 1.25 or 1.50 inch level is probably the closest to level. Edit: I also took a measurement from top middle of tire to bottom of fender it's like exactly about ~8 inches all around.

I didn’t like comparing measurements of the fender on the canyon because the front and rear fenders are not molded similarly at all. I threw a level on the bed and side steps, that seemed like the better option.
First pic is with no level lift, second pic is 1” RC, third pic is with 2” RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
^^ well the 2 inch looks pretty good and level on the Canyon, guess I am wrong then. @andrewscolel your third pic with the 2inch level, does that include the 1 inch rear block too though? I think I read you put a 1 inch block some time ago.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought the 2" Rough Country level kit and took it to a shop to have them put it on a 2 WD 2015 Silver Colorado but as the mechanic was too lazy to put on the shock spacer sleeves, I basically only got 1" level kit. Was never level like I wanted. My new black 2018 Z71 4 WD diesel now has the full 2" RC kit on and is level with the rear, I am super happy with it. It was a good 1/2" higher in the front right after the install but after it is driven and bounced a few times, the front suspension settles down. The silver truck has just the 1" top spacer and the black truck has the full 2" level kit installed. Don't have any matching before pictures on level ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just had the 1" RC kit installed, and still have a slight rake. That's the result I wanted though... But yes different trucks will have different results. Engine weight (4cylinder, V6, or Diesel), and Suspension (Z71, base, etc.) can have an effect on the amount of lift achieved. Also is your gas tank full, half full, or empty? That definitely can make a difference (atleast on the drivers side).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 18 Denali diesel and started with the " RC in the front and 1" zr2 block in the back which gave me a 3/4" rake to the front. What was very strange is that bone stock the truck had a 1 inch rake from front to back. . . .i wound up taking the rear block out and now the rear sits about 3/16"s - 1/4" lower than the front which I'm fine with.

·
Registered
299 Posts
^^ well the 2 inch looks pretty good and level on the Canyon, guess I am wrong then. @andrewscolel your third pic with the 2inch level, does that include the 1 inch rear block too though? I think I read you put a 1 inch block some time ago.

Those pics don’t have the block, I added it later because even though it looks level on the 2” level pic, i always felt like the rear was dragging after I did the 2”. First pic below is with 2” RC, no rear block. Second pic has the rear block added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
I didn’t like comparing measurements of the fender on the canyon because the front and rear fenders are not molded similarly at all. I threw a level on the bed and side steps, that seemed like the better option.

^^^Exactly. Just because the measurement to the bottom of the fenders indicate the back is higher doesn’t mean it is. I also put a level on my steps and on the bed. Also the hood slopes down toward the bumper. So what is actually higher than the rear? The bottom of the front fender, the front of the hood, the back of the hood? Just because the rear fender may measure higher doesn’t mean the truck will have the overall appearance of being higher in the back.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts