Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of any good roof rack systems for the canyon crew cab? i love the ones that nissan puts on it's frontiers and xterras !!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
No not really. I like the Nissan ones too. I ended up mounting a basket on removable mounts.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I got the Thule rack system and their M.O.A.B. basket. You can see pics in my profile, or my cardomain site.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You're a good man DB. I was just too lazy to post up my own pic :lol: BTW I really like your rack setup -- always have. Obviously, you'd have to take the bikes off, but can you open the cover with the rack still attached?

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
dirtydawg said:
You're a good man DB. I was just too lazy to post up my own pic :lol: BTW I really like your rack setup -- always have. Obviously, you'd have to take the bikes off, but can you open the cover with the rack still attached?
Thanks Double D!

Yes, I can even open the tonneau with the bikes attached because I have fork mounts. It's a little heavy but it can be done! Thank goodness for light-weight bikes! :lol:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
[quote="DBNissan]Yes, I can even open the tonneau with the bikes attached[/quote]

:shock: I'm impressed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re:

scott011422 said:
No not really. I like the Nissan ones too. I ended up mounting a basket on removable mounts.

I have a Surco rack from my old truck I want to mount. Where did you find the removable mounts? Who made them? How do they attach?

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've done the same thing on my bed cover with a isuzu rack i pulled from a junk yard.
I think it came from a trooper or rodeo.
Can't remember yet. Anyway, it works great when i go fishing i keep my polls on it, and ice chest full of fish on my way back from oklahoma.
I just try to keep it under 100lbs to make sure the cover doesn't bend. As far as lifting, it's a little hard when there is something but it works fine with me.
I think there are pictures in my gallery

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a Thule system with the Aero feet and I love it. I really only use it in winter to haul my skis around but it does a great job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts