Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,

ive always thought about getting a hard tonneau cover and now i realize i dont want to spend the money,etc.

my friend has a tonneamaster on his Silverado and loves it. No words about leaks from him and ive seen it and like it. Guy he knows that has a place and sells truck stuff sells the Truxedo and swears by it and other places around have stopped carrying the tonneaumaster because of problems. One place now carries Lund and swears by them. And then ive heard about Extang but i read one thread on here that ppl say they leak.

Id like to get an idea which one ppl suggest. The Truxedo i can get for $459, the Lund for $399, the tonneaumaster for $379 and i dont know about the Extang.

So tell me which roll-up type tonneau you all think is the best with good reasons. Mostly waterproofness, warranty, security, ease of use, price, and durability.

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW,

someone should sticky some info about them because if you search many many threads have been made but none of them cover everything about tonneau covers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nuagecustoms said:
Undercover is about $600.
undercover is a hard tonneau...i was specifically talking about a soft roll-up tonneau cover

·
Registered
123 Posts
ive had two Extang covers, lots of New England abuse, no leaks, winter/summer use. currently have their 'Black Max' on the Canyon Reg Cab. working great.

cant remember the brand i first bought years ago but the bows eventually cut through the cover. total crap.

been impressed with Extangs quality.

couple 'a coins.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got a Truxedo Low Profile QT. Easy 30 min install. Initial quality & fit is excellent. $299 + $34 shipping on ebay. Fits inside the bed so you could install rails if you want.

My guess is it might leak a little. But my truck is a weekend toy so I don't have to be out in the rain. Much less expensive than a hard tonneau so you gotta expect some differences. You get what you pay for after all. I figure If I expect it to leak a little and put stuff in it accordingly then I should be OK.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I picked up my extang blackmax 2 and a half years ago, $187. It stood up to one summer in SC, then 3 winters here in ND. I've kept the truck outdoors the whole time. It's had a foot of snow and ice caked 3 inches thick on it, and I've rolled it up a couple dozen times all total. It's still looking good and has no rips.

Of course, it's held on with snaps, so there's no security. When it's below 60 degrees out, it's hard to snap back up, I just go to the carwash which is heated, so it will stretch back on.

I'll probably sell it when I move to Florida this summer, where the thugs will peel it back nightly looking for goodies. I'm thinking of replacing it with a rollbar and jumpseats.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Classic Extang here, on theCrew Cab, love them, roll up out of the way when you need to haul something, and depending what look you are going for IMO it gives the truck a more aggressave look.

Had the same one on the silverado and took a two trips to NW PA, and held up to 80 mph for hours no tears had for 4 yrs still looked new when traded it in. and if it does tear they will send you a new one, great warranty on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts