Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to make these fit? not sure ? best buy web site says no but the people on this site seem to know more then most was thinking maybe there is a way? They are on clearance for 24 bucks at my local best buy. Just curious. and are they any good??

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have the 6x9's and they got loud.... i didnt notice to much of a difference between those and the power series coaxles..... amped im assuming.?

they should fit right in... u may need to cut the grille and put the punch grille on.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I bought the $230 RF 6.5" speakers from Best Buy last year and the magnet on them was too thick for the window to go down. If I would have a made a custom mount on the outside of the door, I could have made it work. But ended up just bringing them back.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just installed the JBL GT0627s. Probably fairly comparable to the Rockford in size. The JBL's had a plastic plate that you can drill a few holes and screw it to the door. That way the speakers stick out around a 1/2" and leave plenty room in the back. The only mod I had to do to get them to fit was a trim on the inside of the plastic door panel. There's a ring that sticks out around 1/2" that you can get rid of in 5 seconds with a dremel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the RF Punch 3-way 6.5" speakers (P163C) for my rear door panels. They sound terrible! The RF component speakers (P162S) sound good in the front, however!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts