Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bowman Lake, CA. Rocksliders came in serious hand

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You did this for fun? If so the common sense part in me says, "This gets very expensive if something does go South." The only way I'd do this if I were driving YOUR truck.

................ but the devil on the other shoulder says, "Live a little, go find a mountain to climb."

Gusto

·
Registered
378 Posts
How many flaps did you lose?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Wow. That was intense :)

Among off roaders, I am an oddity, as I love riding my dirt bike in that rocky stuff. Well part of it is the rocks are above the tree line here in Colorado, and the scenery is stunning. It is a different experience on a dirt bike, finding spots in the rock obstacles that can be traversed in a surgical way. Wheeling that sort of thing in a truck takes a lot more commitment, and luck perhaps.

One time in Moab, I was on the slickrock and there was a ledge, and a downhill landing area, and an FJ Cruiser with a spotter crawling through. A flick of the throttle on my 450, caught some decent air, laid it over a bit while in the air, smooth as silk landing on the perfectly angled downhill slope - spotter guy was hollering and cheering. It was awesome. :smile:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
lmfao

I cant believe you took it down there. Not because it's overly technical or anything but because those rocks are so sharp. It's like the sidewall is asking be be sliced.

·
Registered
634 Posts
What brand sliders are you using?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You did this for fun? If so the common sense part in me says, "This gets very expensive if something does go South." The only way I'd do this if I were driving YOUR truck.

................ but the devil on the other shoulder says, "Live a little, go find a mountain to climb."

Gusto
Full skids plates (besides a gas tank one) eases the mind and makes it fun

Reactions: MaineMan

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How many flaps did you lose?
I've lost one so far lol...from the same thing..backing up and running it over.

Wow. That was intense :)

Among off roaders, I am an oddity, as I love riding my dirt bike in that rocky stuff. Well part of it is the rocks are above the tree line here in Colorado, and the scenery is stunning. It is a different experience on a dirt bike, finding spots in the rock obstacles that can be traversed in a surgical way. Wheeling that sort of thing in a truck takes a lot more commitment, and luck perhaps.

One time in Moab, I was on the slickrock and there was a ledge, and a downhill landing area, and an FJ Cruiser with a spotter crawling through. A flick of the throttle on my 450, caught some decent air, laid it over a bit while in the air, smooth as silk landing on the perfectly angled downhill slope - spotter guy was hollering and cheering. It was awesome. :smile:
I also ride dirt bikes. Just did the Rubicon trail and it was not kind to me or my buddies....in total around $650 in damage between 3 bikes haha

lmfao

I cant believe you took it down there. Not because it's overly technical or anything but because those rocks are so sharp. It's like the sidewall is asking be be sliced.
That is why I have a full size spare. I'll just buy another tire when I get back to town.

Great video, Good driving - I don?t think I would do that with my truck. but your truck handled the rock climb well, do you have a lift on your truck??
Eibach 2inch up front and 1 inch blocks in the rear

What brand sliders are you using?
chassis unlimited universal rock sliders

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.