Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to go to a 235/75 tire from a 31/10.50, and I would like it to not look much wimpier afterward. I would like to have my tires stick out from the sides a little bit like they do now. How do people accomplish that feat? Is it with a wider rim like a 15x10(I don't know what the stock rim size is other than 15), Or is it just certain rims just dish out like that?

I want to get some rims but nothing super expensive I'm tring to keep it under $100 per rim, I know steel wheels makes a nice Chrome 15x10 and it's like $60, but I sure do like those American Racing Ventura(as blingy as I would ever get) or whatever they are called. Can anybody point me to a rim that I would like that would fall under the criteria listed above?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
it is not necesssarily with a wider rim. Backspacing is (generally) what makes the wheel stick out or tuck in. Less backspacing = more sticking out. For it to not look wimpy, you're goin to want to get at least an all terrain tire if not a mud terrain.. well, it's still probably goin to look wimpy, IMO... why the switch in size?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think with the smaller tire my gears will be better, as well as my gas mileage, break wear, and other stuff that the extra weight and size may hurt. Yeah all terrains are a must. I only have a Z85 so 31's look almost to big, I have never been a fan of a big tire just for looks, but I don't want it to look to small afterwards. I don't think it will but I'd like to get some chrome rims anyway. Might get a tool box first though, it will do me more good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts