Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the right blinker fuse is located under the hood? I looked on our manual and there is not a direct indication of what fuse is for the right blinkers.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Anyone know where the right blinker fuse is located under the hood? I looked on our manual and there is not a direct indication of what fuse is for the right blinkers.
Download the Upfitter manual - link is in one of the stickied threads to top of this forum.

I did a quick look on my 2015: It looks like these are controlled from the BCM and not separately fused. BCM fuses F15, F16 & F17 in the passenger side kick panel appear to be related to the turn signal function.

Probably should ask, why are you needing this information? Give us some background so the next person who has an issue can use your discoveries to locate their solutions.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Download the Upfitter manual - link is in one of the stickied threads to top of this forum.

I did a quick look on my 2015: It looks like these are controlled from the BCM and not separately fused. BCM fuses F15, F16 & F17 in the passenger side kick panel appear to be related to the turn signal function.

Probably should ask, why are you needing this information? Give us some background so the next person who has an issue can use your discoveries to locate their solutions.
My passenger front and rear blinkers are hyper flashing. I replaced both of the bulbs and they are still doing it. I wanted to check the fuses to see if there is an issue there.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
did you check the fuses on passenger side kick panel?

just the right side is not working?
Do you have LED's? if so, check them

they turn signals maybe bedirectly run out of the BCM, others will chime in

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you check the fuses on passenger side kick panel?

just the right side is not working?
Do you have LED's? if so, check them

they turn signals maybe bedirectly run out of the BCM, others will chime in
No I am going to do that right now, and I don't have LED.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
My passenger front and rear blinkers are hyper flashing. I replaced both of the bulbs and they are still doing it. I wanted to check the fuses to see if there is an issue there.
Aren't there 2 bulbs in the back? Can't remember. Anyway could check that, maybe you missed one.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no idea what the issue is.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
I have no idea what the issue is.
Sure you do: The hyperflashing. So, now if someone has this problem down the road and searches on hyperflashing, or perhaps hyper flashing, they will locate this thread, where you will kindly post the solution when you find it.

Voila, hopefully we have given you some idea where to look for solutions, and once it is resolved and you supply the answer, the next guy or gal will thank you profusely.

This is how we make these forums useful.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure you do: The hyperflashing. So, now if someone has this problem down the road and searches on hyperflashing, or perhaps hyper flashing, they will locate this thread, where you will kindly post the solution when you find it.

Voila, hopefully we have given you some idea where to look for solutions, and once it is resolved and you supply the answer, the next guy or gal will thank you profusely.

This is how we make these forums useful.
haha sounds good, I am taking my truck in the the TSB shudder issue, seat cover replacement now I will add this too.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
haha sounds good, I am taking my truck in the the TSB shudder issue, seat cover replacement now I will add this too.
Is there only one turn bulb in the back?

You might want to swap your LEDs back to stock, the dealer might blame the problem on them. It wouldn't surprise me as soon as they see those bulbs they won't even touch it. Yes, even though they aren't in the turn signals just reverse.

Anyway, let us know what it was.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there only one turn bulb in the back?

You might want to swap your LEDs back to stock, the dealer might blame the problem on them. It wouldn't surprise me as soon as they see those bulbs they won't even touch it. Yes, even though they aren't in the turn signals just reverse.

Anyway, let us know what it was.
Yes the bottom rear is the turn signal. Yeah I could do that, I do have the spyder headlights so hopefully they dont say something there.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Yes the bottom rear is the turn signal. Yeah I could do that, I do have the spyder headlights so hopefully they dont say something there.
Better double check that, on my truck both the top and bottom blink. I bet your top is bad.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Being bored I read this thread. Now I'm just confused.

I am reminded though of my old Fiat X19. It had a separate fuse for each element in the headlights, so four fuses.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Better double check that, on my truck both the top and bottom blink. I bet your top is bad.
Wow I’m dumb but also there was more to it. I swapped the top rear bulb and the flash continued then I noticed the front wasn’t even lit up so I popped it out and noticed the wire was disconnected from the bulb, I re connected it and boom it worked.

Thanks for the help !

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Wow I’m dumb but also there was more to it. I swapped the top rear bulb and the flash continued then I noticed the front wasn’t even lit up so I popped it out and noticed the wire was disconnected from the bulb, I re connected it and boom it worked.

Thanks for the help !
Awesome!

I was going to mention checking the front too because I have Spyders also and I noticed the front is in the Spyder housing when I went out to look at it. But I was thinking, naw, he would notice if the front didn't blink at all. ahaha

:smile2:

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Being bored I read this thread. Now I'm just confused.

I am reminded though of my old Fiat X19. It had a separate fuse for each element in the headlights, so four fuses.
wow, 4 fuses for just the headlights, thats a bit excessive...

IIRC the BCM has fuses that protect it kind of chunks, before it does it's switching, blinking, ect. No fuse for every bulb, most likely one fuse for all turn/brake lights, and one for all running lights, that kind of thing. And all before the BCM, nothing between it and the bulbs but wires. So basically, if it blinks at all, fast or slow, the fuse is good.

If you get really bored you could look at the wiring diagram to find out, but most normal people wouldn't do that, only weird ones like me. I love electrical. :kiss:ahahaha

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome!

I was going to mention checking the front too because I have Spyders also and I noticed the front is in the Spyder housing when I went out to look at it. But I was thinking, naw, he would notice if the front didn't blink at all. ahaha

:smile2:
When the front blinker bulb wasn't connected the LED square light was hyper flashing, but it would be couple if that could blink together with the turn signal like the Anzos.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
When the front blinker bulb wasn't connected the LED square light was hyper flashing, but it would be couple if that could blink together with the turn signal like the Anzos.
Ah, that's why you didn't notice it. I think the little LED in my Spyders in only a parking light. I didn't notice it flashing when I tried it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah, that's why you didn't notice it. I think the little LED in my Spyders in only a parking light. I didn't notice it flashing when I tried it.
Yes mine are too, they arent DRL. It would cool if they were and the LED flash with the blinker light when turning.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
6 Participants
White016
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing