Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple years I want to get a new colorado or canyon,4 door, 4 wheel drive.
Do these ride just as smooth as the full size 4 door Silverado's?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not exactly. I came from a '14 Silverado LTZ and even w/ AT's it rode like a Cadillac at 70 mph. The Canyon/ Colorado reminds you it's still a truck. Not harsh by any means tho. Shorter wheelbase and narrower track will do that. I still love my '16 Canyon SLT, may be going ZR2 next time.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think this is a loaded question....I think it will depend on when you decide to buy one....in a couple years, they could be completely different...

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,586 Posts
A Full Size and a Mod Size Truck are too different animals. both will be similar in a lot of ways, but are different in a bunch.
I have driven things from the econo box car to a fire truck.
My advise so you are happy with what you get would definitely be test drive. Get the feel for how the vehicle handles.
I find my Colorado has a smooth ride, but I know when I had the rental Silverado, it was smoother.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
You feel the weight difference between the 2, and with a twin being lighter, you will notice a stiffer feeling ride. Wife likes the cushier ride of the Silverado better. The Colorado ride always felt better with 200lbs of softener salt stacked against the tailgate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts