Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've gotten a ton of questions about this roof rack and I finally got it installed today! The whole kit is superbly built, and the amount of accessories that they make to attach to this particular tray is mind boggling lol
I even got to test it out on the Interstate today, and I'm happy to report that there is a VERY minimal increase in wind noise. And I do mean minimal.

This was the first kit they installed for the new mounts that they designed for the U.S. version of the twins... so it should be ready for purchase in about 4 to 6 weeks!

On to the pics!
(I will post another pic a little bit later showing the LED light bar attachment installed :wink2: )

Rhino-Rack by J Tilley, on Flickr
Rhino-Rack2 by J Tilley, on Flickr
Rhino-Rack3 by J Tilley, on Flickr
Rhino-Rack4 by J Tilley, on Flickr
Rhino-Rack5 by J Tilley, on Flickr

(Don't mind the missing rain channel seal.... I gotta finish installing it lol)http://coloradofans.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reactions: camerajunkie

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is th carrying capacity of the rack?
Just sent an email to them asking the same thing lol With these mounts being the first ones installed on this truck, they need to inquire with the engineering dept. But I'll post up when they reply back!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a **** good looking truck! Also rhino rack is an excellent product! I used the bars an the now gone Chevy sonic. Also with the gutter mount on your build it cleans up the look.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wicked! Can't wait till they release it to the public. I'm hoping they have a basket - although the tray looks sick too.
They have front and side rails that attach to the tray to make it a basket :wink2:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put the Rhino-Rack LED light bar brackets to use! Mounted up a 30" Totron bar to the front of the rack...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where do you get the power for that?...from the cab taillight?

I haven't wired it up yet. But it's going straight to the battery with an inline fuse, and I'll be wiring up a switch for it in the cab

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why did you choose Totron and what is that thing on the back of the rack that looks rolled up. There are so many brands of lights now it makes it hard to choose.
Totron was recommended to me by a couple of SEMA veterans. Apparently Totron makes a majority of the LED bars on the market, and they just get re-branded and sold at different prices.

The roller on the back of the rack is to assist loading items (lumber, ladders, etc) onto the rack without damaging the rack or your load.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Totron was recommended to me by a couple of SEMA veterans. Apparently Totron makes a majority of the LED bars on the market, and they just get re-branded and sold at different prices.

The roller on the back of the rack is to assist loading items (lumber, ladders, etc) onto the rack without damaging the rack or your load.
Sweet good know, thanks! There so many out now it's ridiculous! Ahh gotcha, that seems nice to have.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
THAT S A NICE RACK!!! I will definitely be looking into getting one of these! Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: camerajunkie

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man the more you do to your truck the more I wish I could do the same... stupid low clearance parking lots :(

Looking great!

haha Yea, I know of a few parking garages that I can no longer utilize. Small price to pay though, IMO

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rhino-Rack is finally starting to update their website for their Colorado/Canyon specific kits! Still waiting on them to upload the Pioneer Platform kit, but it should be happening any day now. They do have a couple cross bars on their though... they'll hold things like bike carriers, hard/soft cargo carriers, etc.

DSC_4590 by J Tilley, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.