Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

401 - 403 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Question for those that may be willing to help...

I have a 2017 Colorado CCSB Diesel. I am looking to do the heated steering wheel retrofit as I've verified the truck has the wiring and fuse for it.

I recently placed an order with a GM parts supplier here in Canada for a 2 post steering wheel (Part #84546624). This is a black leather wrapped steering wheel for a GMC Canyon that has heat but no button for the pre-collision warning feature. I also ordered the appropriate coil spring as well.

The supplier wrote me back stating the following:

"By the looks of it you're trying to add a heated wheel to your truck (popular upgrade). That said, the wheel you've chosen is a bit of a strange option, as it's heated, without forward collision alert. Typically, the two were ordered together and way more common (Denali's for example).

The alternative is to wait for GM to get stock on the one you ordered, however I cannot upgrade it to a special case to try and get it sooner as I need a VIN for a truck with that exact wheel, and I've tried ~25-30 various VINs in the last little bit and none of them have that particular option."

Does anyone own a 2016-2017 (2 post steering wheel) twin with only the heated steering wheel function and not the pre-collision alert? If so would you be willing to PM me your VIN to give to the parts supplier?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
I didnt have to give a VIN number when I ordered my wheel but used a different vendor.

Have you tried another vendor and not have to go thru all that BS>

That part number 84546624 could be obsolete ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
84546624 is the two-post wheel I ordered and installed no problem into my 2017 v6. It has heat button only, no collision. If you cannot get that wheel, but you can get one with the collision then you should probably just go with that and not worry about the non-functioning button - or use another vendor that can get you this one.

401 - 403 of 403 Posts