Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

201 - 220 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok so my dealer told me to upgrade to the heated wheel i need part# 84488341 (wheel) and 84316707 (clock spring) for my 2018 Chev Z71. Do these part numbers look right? When i look through the thread they seem a bit different than some listed?
Just checking GM Parts Direct that "wheel" part number shows part of the column

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ordered the parts for my '17 back in October from GMPartsDirect. Brown 2pin steering wheel with front end collision warning button, harness, and clock spring. I just got an email last week saying they shipped but then Fedex still hadn't received the package as of the estimated delivery date. Then I get an email saying my paypal authorization had expired, and as soon as I paid, they would ship. Sure enough, I was never charged in October, so I paid again and they finally came today. Now my wife says the parts are getting wrapped and put under the tree. :ROFLMAO: I won't have a chance to install until after Christmas anyway. The other funny thing is the harness came to NC from Lansing MI, and then shipped back to me in MI. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered the parts for my '17 back in October from GMPartsDirect. Brown 2pin steering wheel with front end collision warning button, harness, and clock spring. I just got an email last week saying they shipped but then Fedex still hadn't received the package as of the estimated delivery date. Then I get an email saying my paypal authorization had expired, and as soon as I paid, they would ship. Sure enough, I was never charged in October, so I paid again and they finally came today. Now my wife says the parts are getting wrapped and put under the tree. :ROFLMAO: I won't have a chance to install until after Christmas anyway. The other funny thing is the harness came to NC from Lansing MI, and then shipped back to me in MI. :rolleyes:
That's bizarre. i hope it ships sooner. I'm sure your deal was due to the strike. It's been 22 days for me. They haven't charged me for it yet so we will see how it works out. It's status does say ON ORDER so it was submitted by Flow Chevrolet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I finally got around to installing it this morning. Works great and the writeup was awesome, so thank you! The only part of my experience that was a little different was that the trim/button pegs on the lower part of the new wheel were actually really easy to get off when I got the top released and pulled it forward from the top.

Also, I don't know if this has been discussed previously, but the "silver" trim is a different color on the Denali/Acadia wheel from the Canyon SLT wheel and dashboard. The SLT trim is more silver, and the Denali/Acadia is slightly more gold. I can certainly live with it in exchange for the new leather on the steering wheel and heat, but just in case anyone else is more OCD than I am. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can you change the trim between wheels? Looks like I may be finally getting my wheel soon. It apparently just takes a long time from order for them to receive and then ship out. Also, did you have any issues with aligning the clock spring? Want to know what I'm up against there, I've swapped wheels before but not the coil.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Yes you can swap the trim between the wheels, you just need to unscrew the button modules and swap them over. I was actually planning to do that when I did mine but then I broke one of the mounting pins on my Canyon trim so I had to stick with the Acadia trim. I didn't even notice the slight color difference at first. I may eventually buy another Canyon trim piece and swap it but it's really not all that noticeable unless you're looking for it. The clock spring is easy, just make sure you leave the plastic pin installed until you're ready to button things up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got the wheel installed this weekend. Many thanks to those who contributed to this thread. I used a red 'stained by sharpie' fabric marker to color the white stitching to match. Took about 30 minutes to do the stitches but I did 2 passes. Also I had to swap the trim as the wheel trim was more bronze color than my dark grey. In swapping the trim I broke one of the lower pegs but it was a clean break and repaired easily with plastic weld epoxy.

Vehicle:
2017 Canyon SLE All-terrain, 2 post steering wheel / airbag - 1st design

Parts ordered from gmpartspros:
84546624 Steering Wheel w/heat (white stitching)
23407638 Coil - clock spring

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got the wheel installed this weekend. Many thanks to those who contributed to this thread. I used a red 'stained by sharpie' fabric marker to color the white stitching to match. Took about 30 minutes to do the stitches but I did 2 passes. Also I had to swap the trim as the wheel trim was more bronze color than my dark grey. In swapping the trim I broke one of the lower pegs but it was a clean break and repaired easily with plastic weld epoxy.

Vehicle:
2017 Canyon SLE All-terrain, 2 post steering wheel / airbag - 1st design

Parts ordered from gmpartspros:
84546624 Steering Wheel w/heat (white stitching)
23407638 Coil - clock spring

How long did it take to get it once you ordered? i ordered mine end of November and haven't seen any updates. They haven't charged me yet but it says it's on order...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ordered early November and got the parts after about 2 months. Same as you, showed in order for the longest time and then they received and had to re authorize the charge due to length of time.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Previous 3 posts talk about timeframe to get parts after ordering. I talked to my dealership about doing the heated steering wheel upgrade. Once they determined I had the correct wiring I told them to order the parts. A week later they called and said they had all the parts. I’ve scheduled the install 2 days from today. I can’t wait!

I’ll post a list of parts, cost and quick review going thru my Chevy dealer.

Gusto!

·
Registered
17 Posts
think my 18 ZR2 shou
I've been following along in the other thread anxiously awaiting confirmation of this mod. Never knew I'd want it so bad til I was on vacation a couple weeks ago up in Colorado and it was in the teens and single digits. Had a new equinox as a rental and it had every option imaginable, including heated steering wheel. What a diffeit makes on a cold morning not having to hold onto a cold ass wheel.

Thank you for your efforts! Will be ordering one for my all terrain soon!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
ld have come with heated wheel. But I just aim the 2 heat ducts either side steering wheel at the wheel and warms up entire wheel.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well i called my local dealership to see if they can order the wheel instead of waiting and waiting for GMPartsDirect and their system doesn't show ANY available anywhere...

Question for those that have used the Acadia wheels. I know my 2016 Canyon has a 2 post bag and if i remember correctly the current clock spring in my truck is a yellow/green(i think it's a green) airbag plugs. Locally i can get a 2018 Acadia Denali column(column, clockspring, wheel and airbag) for $100 if i pull it. Regardless of which airbag type it is(2 or 3 post) will the clockspring with the purple/pink connectors work in my truck if i do the switch to a 3 post bag?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone have an incredibly hard time getting their 3 post airbag to release? I can't seem to get the bottom post to release.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone have an incredibly hard time getting their 3 post airbag to release? I can't seem to get the bottom post to release.

Well, I got it but I needed a second set of hands to pull it out as I was pushing in on both sides with Allen keys.

201 - 220 of 291 Posts