Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

181 - 200 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'll keep working thru stuff and keep people posted.
Keep us updated. I have a September built 2016 Canyon All Terrain as well and I'd like to add a heated wheel as well. I am not as much concerned about the red stitching, but it would be nice to retain it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Keep us updated. I have a September built 2016 Canyon All Terrain as well and I'd like to add a heated wheel as well. I am not as much concerned about the red stitching, but it would be nice to retain it.
i think if i am able to do it i will have to get one with the white stitching and then dye the stitches to match. I would prefer to keep the red stitching but i'm not paying my local upholstery shop what they want to replace the stitching. Red dye from RIT it will be. As long as the bag is a 2 post bag and the clock spring has the wires then i can make the power work anywhere with a switched 12v supply :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thunderbear, Great write up, and thanks for the part numbers! Mine is a two pin as well, and I have forward collision.

Questions:
What did you need the harness for? I thought all that was needed was the new coil?
What, exactly, is Cocoa reference the wheel? It looks like black leather, what am I missing?

TIA
Dan

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
It looks like black leather in this thread because I didn't include the pre-dye pictures. My build thread has a picture of the cocoa color.

The wheel is from an Acadia, which does not have the same clockspring connector that the Twins do, despite the wheels having the same functions and buttons. Without the harness your heat circuit will plug into the clockspring, but nothing else will.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the parts on order that breanain posted so i will have to wait and see how long they take to get and if they are right. I'm not sure how long it will be but hopefully not too terrible. i also ordered red dye for the stitches so that will be done as well to match the rest of my interior.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,731 Posts
Well that would always be great to have along with heated mirrors. Heated mirrors are supposedly part of the wiring harness already too.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
If you are looking for heated mirrors thread go here. Been trying to keep track of the Heated Steering wheel thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
84546624 - w/cruise, w/heat, no pre-crash (black)
84546626 - w/cruise, w/heat , w/pre-crash 1st design (black 1st design)

Can anyone tell me where they successfully bought either of those two wheels? I direct message two guys in this thread who got one but no response from either ( @breanain and @mirage309 both in Canada ). I thought I was golden with an order from gmpartspros. They said they could get it originally but turns out they cannot get the wheel, only the clock spring.

·
Registered
86 Posts
84546624 - w/cruise, w/heat, no pre-crash (black)
84546626 - w/cruise, w/heat , w/pre-crash 1st design (black 1st design)

Can anyone tell me where they successfully bought either of those two wheels? I direct message two guys in this thread who got one but no response from either ( @breanain and @mirage309 both in Canada ). I thought I was golden with an order from gmpartspros. They said they could get it originally but turns out they cannot get the wheel, only the clock spring.
I ordered the wheel thru GM Parts Direct and it's on order i just haven't gotten any info when to expect it. It never noted that it couldn't be ordered. The dealer that processed the order is Flow Chevrolet and they confirmed it was the part i wanted and i confirmed and they processed the order. I'm just waiting now

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for that info @ColeTrain84 . When I ordered I asked them first if they could actually source it, they checked and then said yes they could get it. Now find out they cannot get the first one but are trying to get the one w/pre-crash. I'll give it till next week and then give GM Parts Direct a try.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for that info @ColeTrain84 . When I ordered I asked them first if they could actually source it, they checked and then said yes they could get it. Now find out they cannot get the first one but are trying to get the one w/pre-crash. I'll give it till next week and then give GM Parts Direct a try.
If they for some reason cannot get it, just get one with the precrash and then hit up rockauto for a replacement button set that just has the heat button. ACDELCO 23262290

·
Registered
86 Posts
If they for some reason cannot get it, just get one with the precrash and then hit up rockauto for a replacement button set that just has the heat button. ACDELCO 23262290
Matter of fact RockAuto has the precrash/heated wheel and buttons for about $250 plus shipping right now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok so my dealer told me to upgrade to the heated wheel i need part# 84488341 (wheel) and 84316707 (clock spring) for my 2018 Chev Z71. Do these part numbers look right? When i look through the thread they seem a bit different than some listed?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
2018s can't be sure until you find out how many airbag posts you have. 2 post is the old style pre 2017, 3 post is the new style going forward. Part numbers supplied look to be for the 3 post.

181 - 200 of 326 Posts