Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some retractable bed rail anchors but am not having any luck. All I can find when I search are the anchors for inside the bed. Looking for the ones for the top rail.

if someone could provide a link that would be great! -Thanks, Brian.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I think you will find that there are none designed for the holes that are located on the bedrail by the tailgate - these are an odd shape design to allow a handhold when using the step bumper to access the bed.

I believe that they locations close to the cab are the same as on the Silverado. You will need to verify that.

·
Registered
280 Posts
when i did my shopping i dont remember seeing anything for the top of the rails...now givin i wasnt really looking for that style. I will say they have some nice ones for inside the bed of the truck....sit almost flush when not using them and pull out mayebe an inch/inch and half.....I got a set of them.....they seem to do the job for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haven’t seen those style. You could mount C channel to the bed rail and put in adjustable clamp ones. I put 9 of the Bull Ring Bullets in. Absolutely love them
35050EC7-16E0-4160-B4B0-C93990AC7DC0.jpeg

·
Registered
280 Posts
yea thats the kind I put in my truck...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I actually think I remember reading somewhere they specifically say you cannot put anchors on the rails. Might have been in the owners manual.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
My understanding is he is looking for stake pocket retractable tie downs.

·
Registered
306 Posts

I didn't see anywhere in the manual where it specifically says what you can or can't do. I didn't find anything on the Upfitters site either , but I didn't really know where to look.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I believe those are the type I used in the stake pockets of my 2001 2500 HD. Might not fit our twins but worked great in the FS.
Howard

I didn't see anywhere in the manual where it specifically says what you can or can't do. I didn't find anything on the Upfitters site either , but I didn't really know where to look.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
The earlier pictures were for the ones that mounted in the bed and not the style that PieceKeepr posted here. I think that this stake pocket style would fit in the front pockets by the cab after the plastic is cut away. As PieceKeepr stated, there is nothing to state whether they will work on the odd shaped pockets by the tailgate. They may work, but no guarantees.

I installed 6 of the bullrings in my bed and have never found a load I couldn't secure, but I am sure if I worked at it, there are probably some cases that would be an issue.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I actually think I remember reading somewhere they specifically say you cannot put anchors on the rails. Might have been in the owners manual.
I went back to the owners manual and didn't see anything about not being able to use the bedrails. I apologize for the bad info. I could have sworn I read that somewhere but did not see it myself today when I went looking, and as @PieceKeepr shows it does not mention that in the manual.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,734 Posts
I know the front stake hole is used by some of the "Back Racks" to secure them. So it can be used as a mounting point. The issue would be the odd shape of the back stake hole and finding a ring that could be secured in there.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have the inside bull rings installed, as well as a set of "rail" retractable bull rings that I've been too lazy to install.. My tonneau cover sits on top of the rail, so I have some extra modification to do if I ever install them. Visually, they would fit nicely up front once the plastic cap is cut out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts