Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Wow. Pricey, but the nicest jack stands I have ever seen!

Reactions: lqdchkn

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Totally wish they were realistically priced.

Pretty sure I could buy steel, a welder from harbor freight, some new drill bits, a few shear pins, learn to weld and make a set myself for $250 :serious:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Totally wish they were realistically priced.

Pretty sure I could buy steel, a welder from harbor freight, some new drill bits, a few shear pins, learn to weld and make a set myself for $250 :serious:
You don’t need to do all that work.....
https://t.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/jack-stands/6-ton-steel-jack-stands-61197.html

A set of 6ton Harbor Freight jackstands - $44.99

I actually own 3 sets of these things. I’ve had them for almost 20 years and have been used a ****-ton. They’re awesome!!

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
You don’t need to do all that work.....
https://t.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/jack-stands/6-ton-steel-jack-stands-61197.html

A set of 6ton Harbor Freight jackstands - $44.99

I actually own 3 sets of these things. I’ve had them for almost 20 years and have been used a ****-ton. They’re awesome!!
Already have that type too. I like that these fit over the jack, adds a spacer for making easier to lift, lifted trucks; and then once it's there is in place already

·
Registered
456 Posts
You know, I have always been told not to be under a vehicle without jack stands. So how are you going to assemble these if you are not under the truck while having it suspended on a jack?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Nah, for that much $$$, I’ll keep using the multiple sets of jack stands that my dad has had forever.

Reactions: Janster

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ya I like the idea. I'm sure they work well, just too rich for my blood. Plus isn't that an HF jack in the second pic?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Plus isn't that an HF jack in the second pic?
That would be pure comedy...the most expensive jack stands on the planet and the cheapest Chinese POS jack to lift them/the vehicle up....

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
You know, I have always been told not to be under a vehicle without jack stands. So how are you going to assemble these if you are not under the truck while having it suspended on a jack?
good point in some situations, like maybe if you jack up the differential. But at the frame or pinch weld you don't really have to get under the truck.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
If you look at the picture in the first post or watch the video for the RennStands you will see the top of the stands are on top of the floor jack and you lift the vehicle in the same location you place the jack-stands. There are several vehicles built these days with only four lift locations and you must place the jack-stands at the location you do the lift. My 2017 Cadillac XT5 is one of those as are the other GM vehicles on that same platform. I read on other forums that Porsche is another car with only four lift locations. The alternatives to an all wheel lift are jack-stands similar to this or a four post lift or similar in your garage. On the Corvette Forum a few posts said these were initially designed for use by Porsche owners.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you subscribe to JP's videos you will be notified when he posts the next one that shows him making and installing a catch can made from an empty Pepsi can.

Reactions: Ben F
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.