Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any special tools required? I'm guessing it's those dang funky fasteners. I was thinking I could grab them with pliers or channel locks...

Thanks in advance. I was going to go outside and get under the car, but I'm sicker than a dog. Fever, chills, headache and coughing. :(

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Very simple removal, as I recall. The fasteners have a plunger in the middle that swells the ears once the fastener's through the hole and the plunger is pressed. I used a pair of diagonal cutters, not hard enough to cut the heads off, but just to get under the head and start the plungers upward. Then it was easy to pull the plungers up all the way and pull the fasteners out. A flat screwdriver or knife blade (careful there) to pry the heads up should work too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, I'm done. I went back out there pissed off and ripped the damn thing off in 2 pieces. It's done for... so it's in the trash. lol

Don't mess with me when I've been sick since yesterday, cranky and miserable. ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
is there any trick to get the tabs out of the horizontal slots without breaking the lower valance. I've gotten the fastener at each end out before but i couldnt get the tabs out of the slots without extreme force (worried about breaking it)

I like the look of everybody who's got the valence, but not the bottom piece, just cant seem to get it off of there.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Been a while since I did mine, but as I recall, the tabs must be pushed forward (toward the front of the truck) and even then, are a little tight in the holes and must be pryed out. Hard to describe in writing.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I used a 1" putty knife.

·
Registered
401 Posts
thanks guys, I'll give those a try

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Actually for the tabs all you have to do is use a pair of pliers and clamp onto the tabs then push. they will come right out with no problems and you can still reuse the valance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts