Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had any experience getting tires removed from once set of rims and put on another set? I could've really find any info.

I know as long as the shop that does it is careful and don't damage the bead it will be ok.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm worried about tire damage, i could care less about the rims.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I cant see any major tire shop not being able to do this correctly.

I mean thats pretty much their job right?

Only time ive ever seen a bead or beads get ripped was in shop class back in high school, but with the experience the shop guys have like at Discount Tire, I cant see them ripping anything.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've done it many times in the past never an issue. I use to put old used tires on my 76 Camaro I was a student those days used tires were cheaper.

Most tire shops sell good used takeoffs people didn't want for some reason.

Like getting rid of their Generals.. ha ha..

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
When I first got my truck, I bought new wheels and had them put the stock tires on the new wheels. No problems at all.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
make sure to let them know if you have TPMS so they hopefully will be more careful not to damage them

·
Registered
89 Posts
In order to patch a puncture in the tire, they have to take it off the wheel, and put it back on. What would be different, other than just putting it on a new wheel?

If it is a big issue: Go to the tire shop, and ask to talk to the tech before he does the change. When you talk to him, explain the situation, and your concerns. VERY quietly let him know that if he does it without scratches or tearing up the tires, you will slip him a $20. Be the most careful the dude has been since his last evaluation.

·
Registered
265 Posts
B_Mo said:
In order to patch a puncture in the tire, they have to take it off the wheel, and put it back on. What would be different, other than just putting it on a new wheel?

If it is a big issue: Go to the tire shop, and ask to talk to the tech before he does the change. When you talk to him, explain the situation, and your concerns. VERY quietly let him know that if he does it without scratches or tearing up the tires, you will slip him a $20. Be the most careful the dude has been since his last evaluation.
honest I work for a tire dealer and that would work lol. Most tech feel unappreciated so a tip, even a thank you would do wonders

1 - 9 of 9 Posts