Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 Canyon SLT 4x4 CCLB w/ 18x9 +12 BR Stadiums, Eibach Pro 2.7” front & Peak 1” block rear
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have input on these tail lights?

As I was driving home a couple of nights ago the entire clear lens of my passenger tail light fell off, so I am looking for a replacement set for my ‘15 Canyon.

·
Registered
‘15 Canyon SLT 4x4 CCLB w/ 18x9 +12 BR Stadiums, Eibach Pro 2.7” front & Peak 1” block rear
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never used them, but I do like the red factory-looking layout. Good set of @Diode Dynamics XP80s and you'd have some decent backup lights too.
I like that they are similar to the lights off the Colorado, but not an exact match. Im just worried more about the fitment since they are on the cheaper end of things. I’ve already got a set super bright LED reverse light bulb that make a huge difference over stock.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,895 Posts
They do look nice. The way the resistor is set up is better then the way that ANZO made theirs. Which is the type I have on my Colorado.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
"* Light Bulbs & Sockets Are NOT INCLUDED; You Are Required To Reuse Or Purchase New Ones * "

Huh?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"* Light Bulbs & Sockets Are NOT INCLUDED; You Are Required To Reuse Or Purchase New Ones * "

Huh?
I was hoping it was talking about the reverse light, but am not 100% sure.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
489 Posts
I'm leary of aftermarket led tail lights. Never found a set that didn't have LEDs out after a couple of months. That's crazy that the whole lens fell off off of your stock lights. Normally you'll get some condensation indicating a bad seal. I had my driver's side rear tail light replaced under warranty when the truck was two months old. The replacement seems good about 10 months later. I've purchased expensive aftermarket led tail lights on my last sierra and my last silverado and both had dead LEDs within a few months. I've even seen them out on new factory led tail lights. I'm running diode dynamics led bulbs now and they're fantastic a year after purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm leary of aftermarket led tail lights. Never found a set that didn't have LEDs out after a couple of months. That's crazy that the whole lens fell off off of your stock lights. Normally you'll get some condensation indicating a bad seal. I had my driver's side rear tail light replaced under warranty when the truck was two months old. The replacement seems good about 10 months later. I've purchased expensive aftermarket led tail lights on my last sierra and my last silverado and both had dead LEDs within a few months. I've even seen them out on new factory led tail lights. I'm running diode dynamics led bulbs now and they're fantastic a year after purchase.
I am cautious of them as well which is why I figured I’d ask if anyone had any input on these particular ones. Today I decided to purchase a set of factory replacement lights for a Colorado as I like the red lens better than the clear on the canyon. I plan on running LED bulbs in them.
When I bought the truck earlier this year there were some slight scratches on the passenger tail light like someone brush against it and I think that popped the seal on the leading edge letting air get under it and vibrated the rest loose.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Considering they are very similar to the stock taillights, I would just use LED bulbs. I personally don't use LED brake light bulbs because I don't want to deal with the hassle of resistors. I've seen hit or miss reviews on the aftermarket taillights.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
489 Posts
I didn't install resistors with the diode dynamics led bulbs. I believe they were built in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts