Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Some of the rear shock shafts are to brittle and fracture? I have been beating mine up cool
Got both rear shocks replaced today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where can check to see if our VIN is affected? Or would it be all ZR2s?

"Silver Bullet"

2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Silver Ice Metallic
Crew Cab
Bose&Nav

·
Registered
251 Posts
Some of the rear shock shafts are to brittle and fracture? I have been beating mine up cool
Got both rear shocks replaced today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Had mine ZR2 checked last week, the Recall (17345) states it is for the front left shock, there is no mention of the rear shocks being effected. For those that have had there rear shock replaced what does you warranty work order state specifically.
Here is what mine states: "Recall-17345 Shock Absorber Fracture Inspect front left shock date code and found to be 17095D, no further action." I will call the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
409 Posts
ZR2 shock recall.

Does anyone have a number or recall notice on this yet? I got a really vague explanation over the phone from my dealership yesterday, but there is a recall for ZR2's that pertains to the shocks. Something about a sticker, but it wasn't clear if the sticker indicated whether the recall applied to you or if some shocks were just missing a warning sticker or something. If anyone knows, what exactly is the recall?

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
ZR2 Schock Absorber Recall

I got a call from the dealer where I purchased my ZR2 (last summer) telling me there was a safety recall related to the Shock Absorbers. Based on past info I asked what Date Codes for the shocks were affected but they would not tell me. I checked the gm.recall site, put in my VIN and only got a notice about the Manual changes for the trailering. So I wonder what has precedense, the dealer or the website. I would have to take my truck back for an inspection to check the Date Code on my shocks to see if they had to be replaced. The dealer is 1 hr away and I would not want to waist the time just for an inspection. Does anyone have any more info on the Date Codes so that I can check the shocks myself?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I didn't know about this recall. No shock recall shows up when I put in my vin # but my truck had to be one of first ones made I got it last May.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I guess you can check the date code on the shock according to the bulletin.

Reactions: ZR2Cougar

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
unless its different, just noticed the first post talks about the rear shocks but the bulletin i posted talks about the fronts

·
Registered
262 Posts
unless its different, just noticed the first post talks about the rear shocks but the bulletin i posted talks about the fronts
Thanks! Looks like I'm ok those #'s don't match mine. Im taking it to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change Ill see what they say.

Where did you get that service update bulletin? Im just wondering how I would have know about this without this forum. When I called to schedule my oil change I asked her about it and she was like yep there is a shock recall we will look at the #'s tomorrow?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.