Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a forum search and didn't see anything on this so I figured I'd ask the question. My rear sliding window is really sloppy. It probably has a 1/4" or more of vertical play. This seems like something that's going to make a lot of noise on rough roads.

Has anyone else noticed that their rear slider is loose or is this something I need to have the dealer take a look at?

-Curtiss

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Isn't the track felt or rubber lined, to prevent glass to metal contact?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't noticed any noise but I also haven't taken the truck on a rough road yet. The truck is only about a month old at this point. I was just curious if anyone else that has the rear slider would reach back there and see if the window moves up and down in the track a significant amount.

-Curtiss

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is solid when latched, can be pushed upward when unlatched with a moderate interference fit w/in it's gaskets. Operates smoothly & makes no noise. I'd say if you can't rattle it, it won't rattle on the trail. Alot of people rank on the slider, I think because it's not appropriate for them. IF you have long arms & the extended cab, then the slider can be worked while driving, giving GREAT ventilation (with minimal drag?) Also if you camp in the bed, the slider grants access to the electronics. Mine works great & I love it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a camper shell on my truck and use the slider so that my pooch can poke her head into the cab when she's riding back there so I actually required a slider when I bought the truck.

I can move mine up and down significantly whether it latched or not and it sounds like hard surfaces hitting inside the frame. I get the feeling the gasket may have been left out of mine. I'll talk to my service advisor about it.

-Curtiss

·
Registered
601 Posts
i've had no issues with mine - no noise at all, though it isn't real tight when it slides.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not to hijack but is there anything out there that can be added to operate the slider electrically. I think all I have seen requires replacing the complete window.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 16 has vertical play also. It's not really loose, it takes a little pressure to get it to travel, but it does move. Not sure if this is consistent on all or not.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
My 1993 and 2003 F-150's didn't have tight glass for the rear slider.

Something about my post doesn't sound quite right....
thats ok. no one will judge. We accept you for who you are :wink2:

·
Registered
691 Posts

Something about my post doesn't sound quite right....
Naw, it is true though. My 97 Nissan, 2003 Ranger, and 2005 F150 were all the same. I think it's just an inherent quality of them. They are just resting there in a track, unlike electric windows that are held in place.

·
Registered
581 Posts

Something about my post doesn't sound quite right.
You say that as though it applies only to this post of yours. :wink2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My rear sliding window is loose and makes noise with the slightest of road bumps. You can lightly tap the window and recreate the sound. Highly annoying and my dealership is trying to get it fixed. Only 1600 miles on the truck. Very disappointed.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Hello Netsrek,
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this window concern, and can understand your desires to have this diagnosed. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance while you are working with your dealership. Please private message me with more details if you would like my support.
All the best,
Julianne M.
GM Customer Care

My rear sliding window is loose and makes noise with the slightest of road bumps. You can lightly tap the window and recreate the sound. Highly annoying and my dealership is trying to get it fixed. Only 1600 miles on the truck. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
My '05 'Collie was tight. This one is not but, doesn't rattle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 2015 has a little vertical play when it's open, but it's solid when closed. I have driven down some pretty rough back roads with the window both opened and closed and never heard it rattle. My door panels and my steering column cover on the other hand think that they are on a drum line... I'll eventually get annoyed enough to shut them up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts