Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first glance, the storage under the back seat of my Z71 CC did not look that impressive. But then I started loading it with my essentials from my old Silverado.

- Air Compressor Kit
- Jump Starter
- Power Inverter
- Spidy Cargo Net
- Tow Rope
- Pouch of basic tools and supplies.
- Tire Plugging Kit
- Ratchet Straps, Bungees
- Gloves, T Shirt, Towel
Nice benefit being able to carry all my basic stuff, without having to add a tool box.:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
At first glance, the storage under the back seat of my Z71 CC did not look that impressive. But then I started loading it with my essentials from my old Silverado.

- Air Compressor Kit
- Jump Starter
- Power Inverter
- Spidy Cargo Net
- Tow Rope
- Tire Plugging Kit
- Gloves, T Shirt, Towel

Nice benefit being able to carry all my basic stuff, without having to add a tool box.:nerd:

With all that stuff you carry around are you a former Boy Scout? It's impressive. I have the Ext Cab, so the only thing I carry is the useless head rests for the "seats" I don't need or use. A few bungee cords and a handful of microfiber towels.

If I were to take a long road trip could I get you to follow me with all your essentials?

Gusto

Reactions: JBT and DargelJohn

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With all that stuff you carry around are you a former Boy Scout? It's impressive. I have the Ext Cab, so the only thing I carry is the useless head rests for the "seats" I don't need or use. A few bungee cords and a handful of microfiber towels.

If I were to take a long road trip could I get you to follow me with all your essentials?

Gusto
Thanks Gusto, will do.

I like carrying certain things for emergencies. Plus, I've become the "pit crew" for my kids. When I go for a visit, I like having my stuff to help them with any problems they may be having.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

- Air Compressor Kit
- Jump Starter
- Power Inverter
- Spidy Cargo Net
- Tow Rope
- Tire Plugging Kit
- Gloves, T Shirt, Towel
But where are you going to fit the Subwoofer?:grin2:

Reactions: dave66rivi

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Thanks Gusto, will do.

I like carrying certain things for emergencies. Plus, I've become the "pit crew" for my kids. When I go for a visit, I like having my stuff to help them with any problems they may be having.
My wife goes nuts when anytime we go to see family, either kids or my sisters, I always carry an assortment of tools. Never fails, I am always fixing something. With three daughters and four sisters and not a decent husband between them, they rely on their dad/brother when I am in town.

Thankfully, one of them is engaged to a guy who has a dad who knows which side of the wrench to use. Maybe there will be a little bit of relief.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife goes nuts when anytime we go to see family, either kids or my sisters, I always carry an assortment of tools. Never fails, I am always fixing something. With three daughters and four sisters and not a decent husband between them, they rely on their dad/brother when I am in town.

Thankfully, one of them is engaged to a guy who has a dad who knows which side of the wrench to use. Maybe there will be a little bit of relief.
I can relate Cary. Not sure what they are going to do when I'm no longer able to help.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
I can relate Cary. Not sure what they are going to do when I'm no longer able to help.
My wife and I have talked about moving farther away just to see. And most of them are anywhere from 200 to 450 miles away, so they often must wait for my service truck to arrive.

What drives me nuts is how little the average person knows about making the most minor of repairs. My wife would never think twice about trying to fix some minor items, as long as electricity is not involved. She has a small tool box in the pantry, along with a 1/4" ratchet set. (Her brother was electrocuted when he was 25, so she is a bit nervous even when I work on electrical.)

Reactions: DargelJohn

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I do have to give it up to the crew cab guys you have a lot more storage than my extended cab. Not much room under those small seats, I have
jumper cables
First aid kit
Fire extinguisher (small CO2)
Emergency water
9mm and 45acp ammo
I have 2 swing out tool boxes in the bed for straps, recovery stuff and a basic tool set.

Reactions: DargelJohn
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.