Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Chris if you decide to design one and remove the seats, count me in as a potential customer. I'm happy as can be with your first-generation platform, but would like to consider the options of the additional storage space with a second-gen concept.
Pat

·
Registered
317 Posts
For what it's worth, here is a picture of the rear cab on my 2016 base model.

Apparently the jumpseats were eliminated on the base model for 2016 and the cab now has a one-piece vinyl floor covering. The lug wrench and jack handle are bolted to the floor and the child seat anchors are still in place.
whaaat?? They bolted your lug wrenches to the floor??

I have a 2015 with the vinyl floor and rear seat delete as well and they neatly tucked away the equipment and strapped it on the 'hooks' in the back

But they BOLTED yours to the floor?? What were they thinking!

Reactions: Vincent Rapide

·
Registered
211 Posts
anyone else notice the bolts that bolt to the extended cab door hinge are too long, and scratch the paint on the door frame on the truck?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Some of you guys have done great work with the extended cab.

It's a shame that GM, and all their resources could not have done the work themselves though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Bolted to the floor"

Yep, the knob and clip is the same hold-down hardware as used to secure the tool bag on a jump-seat version; the knob mount is one of the threaded holes in the body installed for the bottom seat support cross bar. NOT A VERY CLEAN INSTALLATION! Interestingly, the Velcro straps used in your rig's tool retention set-up were provided as well.

I have no idea if the dealer installed, or tool bag was in place from factory. All hardware used is definite OEM. I'm planning to build some sort of flat floor arrangement, so have left tools as is for now, otherwise they will be relocated to the clips as your picture shows. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the Crew Cab Base or LT model showing the front and rear Vinyl floor covering and rear seat area? Can you order a rear seat delete with a Crew Cab?

·
Registered
11,820 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the Crew Cab Base or LT model showing the front and rear Vinyl floor covering and rear seat area? Can you order a rear seat delete with a Crew Cab?
I don't think you can get an LT with vinyl floor. Di dyou mean WT?

I also don't think there is a rear seat delete option on any version of the crew cab.

·
Registered
11,820 Posts
2015 Chevrolet Colorado 1GCHSAE37F1221197 in Jasper, IN | Uebelhor & Sons Chevy Cadillac

Here are the pics of my last truck. I had it built without the rear seats. And yes she is for sale.
Those are some of the best pics of the interior of an extended cab, especially with rear seat delete & vinyl floors, that I have seen. Be nice if all manufacturers could post pics like that of the different trim packages for us to look at.

This should be linked somewhere easy to find.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I don't think you can get an LT with vinyl floor. Di dyou mean WT?

I also don't think there is a rear seat delete option on any version of the crew cab.
Yes, sorry, I meant WT? Can you even get a CC WT with vinyl floor?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Those are some of the best pics of the interior of an extended cab, especially with rear seat delete & vinyl floors, that I have seen. Be nice if all manufacturers could post pics like that of the different trim packages for us to look at.

This should be linked somewhere easy to find.
From the side pic with the doors open, the guy stood back far enough that you cannot see the shoddy job that was done installing the vinyl on the floor. On each side you can see where it was cut to fit around the seat base. I never noticed it the day I picked up the truck but a couple days later I noticed the white foam showing at the cut lines. I bet 2 or 3 more hot -n- humid summers the vinyl will really be curled up. That was another thing I didn't like about the truck along with the gas fill up door popping open. Several more things but that is no longer my headache.

·
Registered
11,820 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
From the side pic with the doors open, the guy stood back far enough that you cannot see the shoddy job that was done installing the vinyl on the floor. On each side you can see where it was cut to fit around the seat base. I never noticed it the day I picked up the truck but a couple days later I noticed the white foam showing at the cut lines. I bet 2 or 3 more hot -n- humid summers the vinyl will really be curled up. That was another thing I didn't like about the truck along with the gas fill up door popping open. Several more things but that is no longer my headache.
Now with your new Tacoma's rusted frame, your headache will look like this!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Awesome, are you moving to the Taco forum anytime soon? Glad to see you got rid of your headache. Now maybe we can get rid of ours (headache, that is) :kiss:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Awesome, are you moving to the Taco forum anytime soon? Glad to see you got rid of your headache. Now maybe we can get rid of ours (headache, that is) :kiss:
Sorry. I'm not going anyplace. Interesting to see the owners of the fine colorado's that use to post talking up there fine steeds are no longer posting at all on this site. Wonder why. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Sorry. I'm not going anyplace. Interesting to see the owners of the fine colorado's that use to post talking up there fine steeds are no longer posting at all on this site. Wonder why. Hmmmm.
They are busy traveling in their fine rides.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
is this even an option with ordering 2016 z71 from factory now or some thing dealer does?
It's only a factory option. Not just a removal of the rear seat. It includes proper floor covering and seat back filler panels. Looks terrible if you just remove the seats. Dealer could do it, but since it requires full vinyl floor covering replacement, it could cost way more than the option to delete.

101 - 120 of 159 Posts