Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all,

recently started hearing a chirping squeaky noise coming from the rear end of my 2017 Colorado. The noise gets loader and faster as I accelerate, then disappear and reappear again. Warranty has expired a long time ago. Wondering if anyones had a similar issue??

thx Ken

·
Registered
2018 Z71 ext cab 3.6L. Zone level. 265/65/17 Falkens. ZR2 rock rails.
93 Posts
For the heck of it check and make sure the parking brake cables that go through a guide bracket at the front of drivers side leaf spring aren’t rubbing on the bracket. Mine was and caused a squeaky sound.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Didn't say what your mileage is but could be as simple as you brake pads, rotors. Caliper could be sticking or need adjustment. If you are carrying heavy loads or have high mileage could be wheel bearings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't say what your mileage is but could be as simple as you brake pads, rotors. Caliper could be sticking or need adjustment. If you are carrying heavy loads or have high mileage could be wheel bearings.
160km. I’ve changed rotors and brakes numerous times without issue. I was reading else where it maybe ubolts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spray your u-joints with WD-40 and see if the squeak goes away. (temp fix to determine source)
Spray your u-joints with WD-40 and see if the squeak goes away. (temp fix to determine source)
I was under the vehicle today. Everything looks normal and tight. Will try the WD-40 after I clean up the brakes. Process of elimination

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all of you for your response and helpful information.
Like I said before the noise comes and goes. It’s only happened a few times within the last couple of weeks but it’s loud and irritating.
Stay tuned

Ken

1 - 20 of 21 Posts