Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i drop my truck a couple weeks ago and i noticed that one of the rear tires stuck out more than the other so i got under and measured to make sure... well sure enough its 1/4 of an inch off so i tried to find out wut was wrong but i cant figure it out... :? i cant shift the axle to make it even because then everything wont line up... i was wondering if this is a defect in my truck that i had never paid attention to and i kno i didnt mess anything up because i double checkd everything when i installed the drop and even took every thing off and did it again today and its the same thing anybody have a clue??? :? im thinking about taking it to the dealership and asking them to check it out

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
If you search this has been a much discussed topic. It's more noticeable when you drop the truck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
When I first purchased my Colorado, I noticed the same thing - wheel sticking out a bit more on the passenger side. I measured the distance from the frame to the brake backing plate and both left / right measurements were the same. I figured it has to be the sheet metal bed that is kiddywampus.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
If the bed is off, it should be an easy matter to adjust it. Your CC should have 6 bed bolts. Just loosen them and shift your bed to where the difference goes away. Be sure to double check the alignment at the cab when you're done. You don't want it off-center there, or closer to the cab on one side. But if it's off over the wheels, I'd bet it's off at the cab if you measure. The other possibility would be that the bed is out of square. Just take a tape measure and start checking.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah i measured from the frame to the drum and its off by a 1/4 of an inch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts