·
Registered
58 Posts
$1400 **** that

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
HowNowBrownCow said:
is there any way to use some h3 rear brakes?
Axle swap and upgrade the front brake package. I'm not sure if you san swap the axle though. I drove behind an H3 recently an noticed the axle seemed to be wider than ours. The distance from the pumpkin to the spring perch looked the same. But the distance from the spring perch to the wheel looked about double with the stock wheels. I know the H3 wheels are not a reverse offset since several members here have them on their truck.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The H3 uses completely different front knuckles as well as upper and lower control arms, so the front brakes are pretty much out of the question as being a bolt on...as for the H3 rear brakes, I suppose you could fab a way to install them, or they may bolt on, but the parking brake is a DRUM-IN-HAT so that may be somewhat difficult to get to work on the colorado.

In my opinion, for performance its not worth it. An 11.6x2.5" drum is a pretty large one and provides a good amount of stopping power for the rear...if you need more peformance (I don't think you do on a 2wd) from the brakes, buy some more aggressive front pads! Chances are, any higher output on the brakes would just take you into ABS because they would attempt to lock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts