Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I found it a bit odd as well..

This is what the shop said:

“We do not do any sort of body lift because it is messing with the geometry of the truck and steering angles. It also makes your center of gravity higher which can cause instability in turns.”

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
I found it a bit odd as well..

This is what the shop said:

“We do not do any sort of body lift because it is messing with the geometry of the truck and steering angles. It also makes your center of gravity higher which can cause instability in turns.”
They are likely refering to the more common big body lifts of 3" or more which require adapter brackets for various components that may have to be relocated with a lift that tall. Our trucks don't have those issues. Maybe you should tell them the body lift is only 1.25" and no steering or suspension components need to be relocated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have similar plan with my Colorado. Thinking about a 1.25" leveling kit, 1.5" spacers and 265/65/18 KO2's with stock 18" wheels. Based on my research, it should fit with out any rubbing.

I could ditch the spacers, but I like to more aggressive look.

Please post some pics when you have your truck ready.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I have similar plan with my Colorado. Thinking about a 1.25" leveling kit, 1.5" spacers and 265/65/18 KO2's with stock 18" wheels. Based on my research, it should fit with out any rubbing.

I could ditch the spacers, but I like to more aggressive look.

Please post some pics when you have your truck ready.
might try these

·
Registered
535 Posts
might try these

As you've probably read on my other posts thats what I had put on my 2019 4x4 crew cab Colorado and so far is great. Truck drives no different and rides the same as OEM. Only needed an alignment. I know a GM parts guy that has over 12,000 miles on a set on a 4x4 older GM truck (not a Colorado) and no problems so far. My truck sits perfectly level.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Hey guys,

So the tires will be going on tomorrow afternoon, and I am all set-up to get the Eibach shocks thrown on at the end of the month.

I am still thinking about maybe getting closer to 3-4" of total lift up front (1-2 rear) but am don't want my 265/65R18's to be too small. Has anyone our there stacked the Eibach shocks with something else to increase the lift? (spindles, UCA, spacers, blocks,,etc.) Do you think the 31.5" tires I have planned will look right if I did go up another inch or two over the leveling kit?

Update

I'm thinking I might be able to run the front/rear Eibach shocks in conjunction MaxTrac 4" spindles/brakeline extensions and throw the MaxTrac 2" lift blocks/u-bolts on the rear along with a pair of shock extenders; assuming the shop I'm working with (SDHQ) can get ahold of the MaxTrac parts and is comfortable with the combo (and I don't go broke doing it!). I figure this will give me the lift of the 4" MaxTrac system along with the performance advantages of Eibach gas shocks.This way I can maybe get 27/65R18's to fit without rubbing too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
UPDATE:

So I spoke with the fine folks at Goodyear and they're going to get me into an entire set of Duratracs for basically the price of 1 tire! 🤯

I decided to go ahead with the 265/65r18 as the staff there, and the folks at SDHQ advised I'd be rubbing if I went any bigger.

I also decided to toss the Readylift spacer idea and go with the Eibach front springs/shocks to level the truck. After talking to a few different shops around AZ, I'm more or less going to pay the same price for the Eibach kit installed as I was for the Readylift kit installed; and should have a better drivability with the upgrade springs and shocks.

I'm still thinking I may want a bit more lift, to get closer to say 4" or so, but just can't justify the expense of a full lift kit. I've been debating about maybe adding a Zone Body Lift, but have heard that this will mess with the geometry? Also, I'm not sure if my incoming 31.5" tires would look too small with the level AND a body lift?
So what is thatdeal? Start a credit card double rebates?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Haha no, I basically got them to allow me to use their 30 day pledge (satisfaction guarantee) to replace the OEM tires on the truck with the Duratracs. Since the tires were technically part of my purchase price and I had only put about 200mi on them. I just have to pay the price difference between a new set of Fortitudes and the Duratracs plus install. 😎

So what is thatdeal? Start a credit card double rebates?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Anyone out there know if I can stuff 32” tires on a stock truck short term? I may have to get the tires on a day or two before SDHQ can install the lift.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey guys,

The truck has been at the dealership all week due to some (mostly cosmetic) issues with the truck when we bought it.

After talking more with SDHQ and XTCMotorsports here in Gilbert,AZ, I am looking at either the MaxTrac 4" lift with upgraded Bilstein 5100 front and rear shocks (around $2000 installed) OR Icon's Stage 1 coil over kit ($2400 installed).

The truck will spend most of it's life on the roadway, but I do hope to be able to improve its poise when doing some mild off-roading/trail driving. My main goal is to get a better than stock ride quality while achieving a lifted appearance and fitting 32" tires. I know both kits will allow for 32" (with the MaxTrac allowing for 33") but the Coilovers will only offer like 2.5" of usable lift without adding upper control arms (for another $800+) making it on paper seem more like a very nice leveling kit?

Anyone out there who has experience with either set-up have any thoughts?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update

I have a deposit in and am on the schedule with XTCMotorsports to get the MaxTrac 4" lift with Fox's performance rear shocks installed next week. I'll hopefully be getting the tires on by the end of the week too and can upload a few pictures for everyone.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts