Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says looking for pics of the RC 1" leveling kit with 265/65/17's. Only wanting to do the 1" since my front end is only 1.25-1.5" lower than the rear depending on how much fuel is in the tank and I would like to leave a slight rake to the truck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Top is before the level, bottom is with 1". The garage I went to said that if you put the full 2"Rough Country level, the front would be higher than the rear. I think an inch and a quarter would be perfect. One inch would make it look exactly like you want, with the front end being ever so slightly lower depending on the angle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I am a firm believer in 2 inch front and 1 inch rear block. In your case it would work perfect and give you a slight rake at about 0.50 inches.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top is before the level, bottom is with 1". The garage I went to said that if you put the full 2"Rough Country level, the front would be higher than the rear. I think an inch and a quarter would be perfect. One inch would make it look exactly like you want, with the front end being ever so slightly lower depending on the angle.

Yeah they would be correct at least on my truck. I measured from the ground to the frame not wheel well arches. Have you noticed much of a decrease in gas mileage since the slight level?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah they would be correct at least on my truck. I measured from the ground to the frame not wheel well arches. Have you noticed much of a decrease in gas mileage since the slight level?
Nope no change. It also didnt require a new alignment cause it really didnt change any angles.They showed me the readout from the computer and it was the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope no change. It also didnt require a new alignment cause it really didnt change any angles.They showed me the readout from the computer and it was the same.

Great to read. I have been looking all over trying to find reference to MPG changes with leveling kits, as I spend a lot of time on the highway a loss of range would be a deal breaker for me, I don't care for the extreme rake, but not bad enough to warrant a drop in efficiency. Your post was all I needed to pull the trigger on the RC 1" kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts