Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

281 - 300 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any of you try grabbing the front door striker "U" shaped mechanism and giving it a good pull? When I do that to mine it made a noise very close to what I've been hearing and I could reproduce it every time I pulled on it. I loosened the bolts on it and tightened them back up. The noise wasn't as bad but it's still doing it. I believe the noise might have something to do with the layered metal or clips behind that striker.

·
Registered
438 Posts
What I did with mine was, removed the rear door upper hinge bolts one at a time. Stuck an expanding foam can spray insulation tube in the bolt holes, filled the cavity with foam, then repeated the process with the other bolt. I then removed the upper trim, used the hole for the trim bolt and filled the front and back from both sides with foam, repeated the process on the guide hole for the upper trim just below the bolt. Stuck the straw as deep as I could front and back and filled the b post with foam. It’s completely gone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love to do this to my passenger side since that is where mine vibrates at certain rpm's while driving, question though, how do the panels come off in that area? I realize that they are probably snap in design but not knowing where or how to remove makes me nervous since I don't want to damage anything. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would love to do this to my passenger side since that is where mine vibrates at certain rpm's while driving, question though, how do the panels come off in that area? I realize that they are probably snap in design but not knowing where or how to remove makes me nervous since I don't want to damage anything. Thanks in advance.
The upper inside panels? It just holds in with one bolt under the Airbag plastic plug and pulls back off. No clips or anything in this part.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The upper inside panels? It just holds in with one bolt under the Airbag plastic plug and pulls back off. No clips or anything in this part.

Yea the inside interior panels, wasn't sure how to tackle removing them so I could do what you did with the foam.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yea the inside interior panels, wasn't sure how to tackle removing them so I could do what you did with the foam.
Yeah, just remove the airbag cap and there is a, I believe, 8mm bolt to remove and the trim pulls straight out. To completely remove the trim you have to use a torx bit on the little plastic box towards the bottom of the seat belt, next to the seat cushion basically, which opens that little box and allows you to unclip the seat belt. It's actually easier than I just made it sound.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah, just remove the airbag cap and there is a, I believe, 8mm bolt to remove and the trim pulls straight out. To completely remove the trim you have to use a torx bit on the little plastic box towards the bottom of the seat belt, next to the seat cushion basically, which opens that little box and allows you to unclip the seat belt. It's actually easier than I just made it sound.
Thanks so much for the detailed description.(y)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello All that have been affected by this rattle issue. Anyone have a successful dealer fix for this rattle ticking sound near seat belt? I see somewhat or unsure success with home remedies but at this point I already got a new seatbelt assembly replacement and a replacement to an oil leaking DSSV shock... Shockingly barely reading 6k miles on the dash. I still got this rattle on the driver side and just found out the passenger side has the same rattle and if there is no fix for one doubt there is one for the other side. To top it off I am waiting on the shudder fix, lucky me though, my dealer states they have ran out of transmission oil since they are seeing the shudder quite often and gotta run like 40 quarts per vehicle. Finally does anyone have super squeaky leaf springs that are loud as you drive into your driveway or slightly uneven pavement? this has been going since first week even before shock replacement. I ended up in a POS ZR2 huh? Im starting to loose that lust/love factor for this truck just 3 payments in SMH...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have not seen any guaranteed fix for the pillar rattle. There’s some that have tried everything under the sun including spray foam and the TSB to install bolts in the pillar and it still rattles. Unfortunately I have yet to hear of a magic bullet to cure this annoyance and so I have just had to live with it and if I jam something between the pillar and rear door I can make it stop. For the shudder, it’s actually about 20 quarts of fluid I believe. I have no issues so far with my leaf springs on my Z71. They are quiet as can be.

·
Registered
71 Posts
They've had my truck over a week trying to completely eradicate the rattle. The most recent fix involved them placing metal wedges inside the pillar which completely stopped it for three days, but it did return. It is no longer constant, but seems to reappear if I drive around for awhile or if the truck cools after sitting in the sun.

I actually completely removed the side trim and found that one of the ends of one of the wedges was making a tick by lightly tapping the pillar metal, and a rubber grommet in the space and super glue seemed to fix that; overall there is still a sporadic ticking.

Sad thing is that they apparently created a new TSB based on my wedge fix as at first it appeared to fix my truck as well as a couple others which were there for the same reason. It's not a permanent fix. I will give the dealer credit as they didn't just half ass it and try to push it out the door.

·
Registered
136 Posts
They've had my truck over a week trying to completely eradicate the rattle. The most recent fix involved them placing metal wedges inside the pillar which completely stopped it for three days, but it did return. It is no longer constant, but seems to reappear if I drive around for awhile or if the truck cools after sitting in the sun.

I actually completely removed the side trim and found that one of the ends of one of the wedges was making a tick by lightly tapping the pillar metal, and a rubber grommet in the space and super glue seemed to fix that; overall there is still a sporadic ticking.

Sad thing is that they apparently created a new TSB based on my wedge fix as at first it appeared to fix my truck as well as a couple others which were there for the same reason. It's not a permanent fix. I will give the dealer credit as they didn't just half ass it and try to push it out the door.
Can you take a photo of where they placed the wedge?

·
Registered
35 Posts

Thanks for the reply, do you recall what the full TSB number is?

·
Registered
71 Posts

Can you take a photo of where they placed the wedge?
This is the upper wedge, and underneath the punched spot is where I added a rubber grommet and super glue as it was rattling as well. I don't have a larger picture to give you a reference, but it you take the b pillar trim off you'll know what you're looking at. The top is up.

I have no idea what the TSB is, as it may not have even gone out yet, but they told me the fix was being distributed throughout dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been following these posts since I started hearing a metal on metal rattle coming from b pillar seat belt adjuster. Driving me crazy and seem to be weather related. Sometimes loud sometimes silent. I have a 2019 crew cab and noticed this within a few weeks of ownership. I made a few trips to the dealer. I took ride alongs with techs who couldn’t hear the rattling. Explaining to me they can’t fix what they can’t hear. They did offer to pull everything apart to take a look but I didn’t want that done without a known fix so I told them no thanks. On my own I started attempting to track down the rattle. As others have posted a little pressure on the drivers door would stop the rattling. I don’t know if it’s the change in weather from hot days to cool nights but the rattle got real bad this week. I had enough tonight and took maters in to my own hands. In my case I really believe it was the drivers door. I pulled on the door latch attached to the b pillar and with a hard pull was able to hear the noise. I took a close look at the top of the front and rear doors where they meet by the b pillar and noticed the front door was a slightly lower. I loosen the door latch and moved it slightly up. I checked the door were aligned and tighten to spec. Truck which was rattling like crazy today is now quite. I really think it was the door striker rattling on the b pillar door latch point because the latch was set a little too low. The noise travels up the b pillar and is heard coming from the seat belt adjuster. Not sure if will help anyone else but wanted to pass my experience to everyone. Keeping my fingers crossed. I’ll report back if it comes back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this rattle on 2019 wt ext cab and fixed it by pulling the weather stripping back and putting a piece of flat rubber with sticky backing,im sure double sided tape would work also on the seam that you put the weather stripping onto directly above the latch,then put the weather stripping back on.Rattle gone!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hate to beat a dead horse, but my dealer just completed TSB 10-NA-094. This is the one they add the bolts to the center of B pillars. IT DID NOT FIX the problem on either driver or passenger sides. Smh GM is hella disappointing. I wish the issues I had were as simple as replacing something as that seems to be the only thing they can do right.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hah at least you got your dealership to try the fix. Mine can't "recreate the issue" so they refuse to do anything. I also took the truck in for the brake squeak (said it's normal) and my block heater trips every GFCI I've tried (said you can't run block heaters off of GFCI). Total bs, not happy with my service there. They had it for 2 full days and I checked my dash cam, they spent a total of 25 minutes "working" on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had the TSB done to my drivers side B pillar and issue still there. I absolutely hate letting the dealer do any work on the inside of my truck. Nothing is ever the same when they touch it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All that have been affected by this rattle issue. Anyone have a successful dealer fix for this rattle ticking sound near seat belt? I see somewhat or unsure success with home remedies but at this point I already got a new seatbelt assembly replacement and a replacement to an oil leaking DSSV shock... Shockingly barely reading 6k miles on the dash. I still got this rattle on the driver side and just found out the passenger side has the same rattle and if there is no fix for one doubt there is one for the other side. To top it off I am waiting on the shudder fix, lucky me though, my dealer states they have ran out of transmission oil since they are seeing the shudder quite often and gotta run like 40 quarts per vehicle. Finally does anyone have super squeaky leaf springs that are loud as you drive into your driveway or slightly uneven pavement? this has been going since first week even before shock replacement. I ended up in a POS ZR2 huh? Im starting to loose that lust/love factor for this truck just 3 payments in SMH...
I have made 3 payments on mine as well, have 5500 miles on it and have the exact same issues; B pillar rattle, squeaky leaf springs, water rushing noise in the dash. So far it seems it has been at the dealership more than in the garage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have made 3 payments on mine as well, have 5500 miles on it and have the exact same issues; B pillar rattle, squeaky leaf springs, water rushing noise in the dash. So far it seems it has been at the dealership more than in the garage.
Man that sucks, we are like shitty car twins LOL as much as I love it’s handling. I’d recommend checking your shocks, I had a rear one leaking at 2k miles. My local dealership first attempt at B-pillar was a can’t replicate, 2nd try they finally heard it and said it was seatbealt assembly and replaced parts, still no fix. 3rd attempt they found the TSB just to make the B-Pillar rattling worse with their so called fix. During this same visit they also completed the transmission shudder TSB. Only to leave me stranded out of town at a different dealer with a transmission oil leak a few days later after getting it back. Thankfully the dealership I had to stop at actually fixed the shudder and cleaned the underside, I am thankful for their good service and quality. I wish I could take them my other problems but they are 2 hours away. I called my local service advisor back home about this incident and about the B-Pillar rattle not being fixed. No follow up from him, Yet I got an email from his boss the service director asking/ reminding me about the survey. Wrote him back that problem wasn’t fixed and asked for help. He didn’t give a **** either, sent him a follow up a week later to get no response again, given I tried 3 times and no contact I was honest in my survey response and completely satisfied was not a single response. They obviously don’t care about the quality of service they provide, it’s been a week since completed survey and no contact. I don’t trust them with the water running behind the dash nor my squeaky leaf springs as I might end up with out a rear suspension while driving :(

281 - 300 of 333 Posts