Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Knowing what you know about your truck, would you purchase it all over again?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh Hell No!

• Wish I bought a Ranger

• Wish I bought a Taco

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
if towing the ATX4 and ZR2 has a 5000 tow rating compared to 7,000 of the 3.6 V6
And that 5,000 weight doesn't increase with the Duramax in the ZR2, which is a good example of how tow weights are not 100% dependent on horsepower and torque (but the Raptor remaining the most extreme example of that, only beating the Colorado Duramax by about 500 pounds).

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I've long been a critic of the front seat comfort of my '16 Canyon SLT Diesel. The Ranger has comfy seats. Aside from that, I have found my truck to be brutally tough and stunningly reliable. So much so that I simply must not part with it. That and the fuel mileage, I can't imagine how much money this truck has saved me. There's just no point considering the Ford or anything else.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I traded off a 2018 Colorado for a muscle car which was a blast and I got that partially out of my system for a year or 6 months. I traded it for another vehicle which gave me issues so I traded that vehicle for another that gave me issues and I am now back in a 2021 Canyon AT4 which has been trouble free so far. I looked at the Ranger twice and just didn't like them enough to purchase one. I thought about the Tacos and even drove one but when a used one packaged similar to the Canyon I bought is $4k more than a new Canyon it was a no brainer. I only looked at the Taco because of resale value. My buddy sold a TRD Pro back to the dealer he bought it from for a profit and found year newer one in a different state for less so they have resale value going for them and supply and demand helped him.

I trade often and won't keep something that causes me issues. The Colorado and Canyon trucks are the cheapest vehicles I have owned in the past ten years and for some reason I enjoy the lack of all the extra features which can fail. The cheaper interior takes more of a beating without permanent damage also. I just wish the radio head unit was better and the speakers didn't suck. I don't have bose in this truck and coming from a truck with Bang and Olufsen the sound quality is noticeable.

Wow I got a little long winded there

·
Registered
151 Posts
If I was back in 2016 choosing again, I would have got a V6 Tacoma with a manual. I love shifting and wasn't even planning on a Canyon but really liked the look.

Right now, I'd take the new Frontier if staying midsize. It is a decent looking truck.

·
Registered
2017 AT4x4 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
2,977 Posts
If you get the CCLB with Duramax, then you can also get the Titan XXL tank, which is 36 gallons and gives you over 1,000 miles of range. My trips to fuel up are few and far between now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not trying to bust your balls, but that's not exactly correct.
It's so that the truck will sit more level when you're towing a trailer or have the bed filled. Wait on the back end of the truck lift the front end. Ever noticed some of these trucks that have a heavy load in the front end is pointing up in the sky? The rake is supposed to eliminate that.

Although there is definitely more weight up front, trucks actually sit lower in the front due to “rake” from the factory; This allows for the truck to sit level with a loaded bed or a trailer hooked up. Installing a Leveling Kit counteracts the factory rake and allows the truck to sit evenly when unloaded.
Ford Ranger rake reason - Google Search
Thank you for posting that, of all the things I would ever spend money on my truck, the "levelling kit" would be the last one, as in never

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Thank you for posting that, of all the things I would ever spend money on my truck, the "levelling kit" would be the last one, as in never
I think leveling is preference depending on use of truck. I’ve had my LT Z71 crew cab Colorado 2019 since new. I had a 2” leveling kit put in right after I got it. I have no intentions of pulling any trailers therefore the truck looks so good level and drives the same and suits my needs.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts