Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Chevy Colorado Z71 4X4 LS and it ran perfectly this morning and later after wrestling practice i went out to my truck started it started up like it normally does and I started going and the truck just died and wouldnt start for about 10 minutes but when it ran i had to keep it running at 1500 RPMS or more to keep it running because i wanted to get it home instead of leaving it 9 miles away at my school sitting in the middle of no mans land and suggestions would be appreciated and i am going to be talking with mechanics ASAP

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
tjm276 said:
Bad cylinder head? That is a known issue with the 04-06 I5s.
^x2

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Friends a GM SA and says there is a recall out on bad cylinder heads, take it to the dealer and have it inspected.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
colorado_clean said:
Friends a GM SA and says there is a recall out on bad cylinder heads, take it to the dealer and have it inspected.

It's not a recall, just a longer warranty if you do have a bad head.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i mean it just happened just like that

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if its a bad head what should i look for because i dont have the money to take it a dealer to be repaired by them

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope so because i just bought it this last summer and it only has 24,500 miles on it but i can change the head if its bad just need to know what im looking for when i have the top tore off the engine because i am putting new spark plugs in

·
Registered
522 Posts
Unless you put a ridiculous amount of miles on your truck you should still be in the extended warranty for the cylinder head. As Coyote stated you have 7 years/100,000 miles warranty on your cylinder head. It should get fixed at no cost to you.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds good to me but im upset now because i wont have my truck for awhile then if i had the parts i could do it myself but if they do it for free then why not

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im only 17 and when i bought the truck i kinda wiped out all the money i had left

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
M_O_Z said:
sounds good to me but im upset now because i wont have my truck for awhile then if i had the parts i could do it myself but if they do it for free then why not
It's like $700 for parts and the job is something like 8 hours for someone who know whats they are doing and with the correct tools. Just take it to the dealer and talk with them, maybe you can get a loaner out of them. Just be nice.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well my mom has a 2004 GMC Envoy and a 2007 Pontiac Vibe and my dad has a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD plus 8 collector cars but its the wrong time of the year to drive them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts