Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, my 2016 Colorado's LCD Radio wont come on. Ive tried turning off the truck completely, turning it on etc and it wont come back up. There is a video that comes up on a google search that suggests its a Fuse issue but if I mess with it I could void the warranty. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I don’t see how changing a fuse could void your warranty the whole point of them is to protect the system I would think if you put the same amp fuse in it I don’t see how it would cause any problems.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Hey Everyone, my 2016 Colorado's LCD Radio wont come on. Ive tried turning off the truck completely, turning it on etc and it wont come back up. There is a video that comes up on a google search that suggests its a Fuse issue but if I mess with it I could void the warranty. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Thanks!
if it is a fuse there is always a reason it blew. 99 percent of the time if it wasn't your wifes hair dryer its a bad reason. I would let the dealer check it out under warranty. Also, if it was a fuse and they change it and nothing else, it will document the repair (or lack of repair) to cover you in the future.

I have in my life seen fuses blow for no apparent reason, I have chalked it up to a bad fuse but you never really know for sure. And this is VERY rare.

·
Registered
599 Posts
if it is a fuse there is always a reason it blew. 99 percent of the time if it wasn't your wifes hair dryer its a bad reason. I would let the dealer check it out under warranty. Also, if it was a fuse and they change it and nothing else, it will document the repair (or lack of repair) to cover you in the future.

I have in my life seen fuses blow for no apparent reason, I have chalked it up to a bad fuse but you never really know for sure. And this is VERY rare.
I Agree, unlike the old days when there was poor voltage regulation in cars (talking before 1980's) fuse don't blow without reason now a days. Of course there is an odd chance that it was just a bad fuse to begin with. But definitely have the dealer check it out so it's document barring you're still under warranty (IE under 36 months or 36k mileage)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.