Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Radio stopped working

11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  OG_SAMMY_BOI 
#1 ·
My truck - 06 Gmc canyon sle crew cab 3.5L

Hello everyone. So to start off I was had a problem with my truck just making that click noise when i tried to start it which ended up just being the terminals needing to be cleaned and tightened. Before doing that though I had tried jump starting my truck with a power pack and then trying to charge the battery for a little while(thinking the battery was dead). So after getting the truck started I noticed the radio not working. The fuse under the hood labeled RDO(15a) was still good, as well as the 10a fuse in the back of the radio still being good(btw all other fuses are good too). So then I tested the radio connector for power and ground with my test light and I had both. During that process I accidentally touched the power and ground together which blew the RDO(15a) fuse under the hood so I knew I was making a complete circuit. After replacing the fuse and checking again for power and ground to make sure I had got it back which I did, the radio was still not working. No other problems or lights on the dash are present and everything else works(lights, accessories, ect). I've heard some radio have a anti theft feature which will display "CODE" after a power outage but mine isn't doing anything. Could something else have happened while I was trying to jump start and charge the battery which caused the radio to fry out? I am currently trying to see if any of my friends have a radio laying around with the same power connector just to see if it works but nothing yet on that. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Btw the radio is a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH

See less See more
#2 ·
I just ran into the same problem with my 04 Colorado i5, curious what solution you came up with? My radio died after jumping the battery as well. Battery was on it’s last legs so I replaced it. Radio is the only thing that doesn’t work, all my fuses are good.

#7 ·
You may have to take it to the dealer to have the units paired. It's an anti-theft system GM uses so you can't just take one radio from another vehicle (as in stolen) and put in yours. Just a software issue and takes around 30 minutes. Shop around as different dealers may charge different prices. When I added a GPS radio to my 06 Silverado, the dealer charged me $40.

#8 ·
So this has happened to me as well twice after getting a jump start this time I’m noticing that if I press buttons on the radio the time will show up for a few seconds and then turn back off. Also I’m noticing that the buzzer warning you left the keys in the ignition also quit going off. It’s actually a very simple fix just disconnect the battery completely with it having a charge and reconnect it and waaaalaaaaahhh radio and all other problems should be back to normal!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.