Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Canyon Denali, 4x4 CCLB, Durmax
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dealership for an issue that started 2 weeks after purchasing my CCLB Canyon Denali. The radio/infotainment unit randomly reboots, sometimes dropping audio, sometimes not, and sometimes changing the volume. It would also loose HVAC control, ability to change radio stations, GPS, outside temp, and would even play AM/FM behind the streaming audio I was listening to (Spotify, SiriusXM) so I could hear both as the same time.

It became more and more frequent until it would do it every time I drove the truck no matter what I did, however it did appear that changing the volume with either the knob or the steering wheel buttons would immediately trigger it.

In any case I went to the dealer after 2 weeks of it starting (4 weeks of ownership) and they reproduced the issue, went through diagnostics, and could not fix it. Then they found GM'S TSB PIT5790A which states if the cause is only with a change in volume then essentially do no perform any more diagnostics, they are aware and are working on the fix but nothing is available, see attached pic for full TSB)

My question is has anyone else had this issue? The TSB is for Canyons and Colorados 2019-2021 (as well as a number of other GM vehicles) and the dealer said to call GM to inform them and they can follow up with me when they have a fix which I did.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have this issue but only have had it happen when my iPhone is hooked up and using Google Maps. The infotainment system seems to get overloaded and reboots. I was at the dealer yesterday and was told the same thing. It drives me crazy when the voice volume gets really high and the radio volume gets too low to hear.

I hope they find the cure, at least we are on “the list” now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Notice the countries of origin top of gig notice. My base radio has had simular but being on lockdown continuously have not really spent time in my 7 month old 21 AT4 yet. If I knew my state would have stayed locked down this long I’d of saved a ton of $$$.

·
Registered
2021 Canyon Denali, 4x4 CCLB, Durmax
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have this issue but only have had it happen when my iPhone is hooked up and using Google Maps. The infotainment system seems to get overloaded and reboots. I was at the dealer yesterday and was told the same thing. It drives me crazy when the voice volume gets really high and the radio volume gets too low to hear.

I hope they find the cure, at least we are on “the list” now.
I was wondering whether it was being overwhelmed by the number of things I had running, I tried disabling Android Auto (since I don't have any android devices anyway) and considered removing OnStar services and Hotspot. Then I started considering maybe it was my GMC profile that was loading, in any case I tried it all and it still does the same rebooting and has progressivly gotten worse, it now reboots every time I touch the volume no matter if my phone is connected or not.

Notice the countries of origin top of gig notice. My base radio has had simular but being on lockdown continuously have not really spent time in my 7 month old 21 AT4 yet. If I knew my state would have stayed locked down this long I’d of saved a ton of $$$.
That is interesting, I only glanced at the Countries and assumed the US was included since it was provided at a US dealer. I will mention this to them the next time I go in since I will be taking it in again, I can't even use my radio or any functions anymore which is pretty frustrating for a 4 week old truck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine is nowhere near that bad. It does it when I’m using Google Maps to find some out of the way boat ramp, then either talk on the phone or text multiple people. Mine only messes up when Google Maps is being used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts