Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
A tad shot of silicone spray will probably take care of the gear shift button.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2016 Canyon SLE 4x4 with a Trifecta tune since the first week, no issues on my end. 58k miles.

Stock tires replaced at 55k, could've driven them to 60 before the rear would be too thin for rainy season.

My motor eats a little oil between changes so I add a half quart.

Carplay has issues connecting sometimes with my iPhone, but it hasn't happened as much in 2019.

I have the six speed and hear a lot of bad things about the 8 speed, but even with the tune the 6 speed is slow at times. I think this has more to do with the overall gearing of the truck than anything else.

I can't imagine having any rattles, I think that happens more on the colorado.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'm trying to get a gauge on the reliability so far for the Colorado/Canyon twins. I'm heavily considering purchasing a 2015 GMC Canyon (3.6L LFX, 6-speed, CCLW, 4x4), and I'm looking for reviews on the long-term reliability so far, as much as you can figure out reliability for a vehicle that is, at best, 4 years old.

Searching on the forums is kind of a biased sample (Since very few people post to just say 'My truck is working fine!'), and while I've noticed a few recurring issues, most either don't apply (8-speed problems) or are easy to accomodate for (Carbon buildups in the DI engines). That being said, what other problems are you guys having, and are they widespread? Or have most of you just had trucks that work as expected?
once they reflashed the transmission shifting issue....no other issues ...2016 canyon 57000 miles

·
Registered
22 Posts
2015 GMC Canyon, steering wheel making noise, dealer attempted to fix several times....nada
Transmission shifting issue, flashed 2x still nothing
Steering went out. $1000 later
All this with only 49k miles on the clock. Biggest piece of **** I ever owned.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
The only issue I've had in one year and 12,000 miles was a rattle under the dash by the steering column, which I managed to locate and deal with myself. Knock wood.

Oh, I do have a recall that requires a flash of some software that can't be done OTA relating to diesel regens. Haven't done it yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 canyon had 2 issues one was the ac pressure switch and caused the truck not to start had to get it towed second was the ecm died less then a year apart of coarse it is out of warranty at 125000 km i have driven alot of old junk that i have never had to get towed once let alone twice in a year as far as i`m concerned these are just another piece of gm junk i should know better but stuck with it now. Good thing i have a backup car to drive when the truck dies a 1999 cavalier with 352000 km on it ya know back when gm has a little quality

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Now just three (the second is new since I last reported): 1. Lug nuts not properly torqued; 2. Front wheels probably out of alignment (based on wear on outside)--just discovered and not yet verified; and 3. A recall for diesel regen issue (which I still haven't done--mine is not regenerating too frequently). Just under 13k miles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One year in this month, 7k miles on a 2019 ZR2 Dusk (manufactured in March of 2019) driven on the Gulf Coast. Had the trans flushed and programmed after rough shifting last fall, but no other issues. Steering did something odd twice, like it was super loose all of the sudden, but it didn't happen all winter.

My backup camera seal went out, so now there's a watermark, but I'm sure the dealer will fix it next time I head for service.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
What kind of problems have I had? Well, my back hurts all the time, I'm tired and old. 11 of my bones have been broken at one time or another and I lost my wife and daughter. And my memory ain't worth two dead flies.

As for the truck.... just the trans problem which was fixed by the dealer.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts