Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering buy a pair of 7,000 pound capacity Quick Jacks by Bendpak/Ranger products. Seems like a convenient way to get your car or truck off the ground rather than using a floor jack and stands.

Anyone on here have them? Like them? Any issues with their use?

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the 5500lb one I think and it's great. My personal thought on it though the safety supports seem weak to me. So I put some jack stands after its up in the air.

Oh I have the battery operated one and lifts my 3600lb car up pretty fast.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have had a QJ 5000XL for a couple of years now. Great lift. I have even used it on my Canyon with no issues.
If you have not looked at the "Torture Test Videos" you should. These lifts are very over engineered and having used it for several years now I trust it no problem. The addition of jack stands is an interesting add-on but I have never felt the lift was not capable of holding. The lift cylinders are still holding too even with the arms in place at position one or two.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi RedEye

Yes, I did see those videos. It definitely looks pretty stout. Going to measure up my cars this weekend and get my order placed on a unit that will handle them.

Thank you

George

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought a set and use them for my LS swapped BMW. Made the swap easy plus all the upgrades after. My thoughts were like Cool28 and I also put some small jackstands under the lifts at the 4 corners right under where it contacts the chassis. I use a 1/4" plate between the top of the jack stand and the lift. Probably overkill but I don't trust the weight of the car on only two pins if the hydraulic pressure was lost or drops a bit over the winter.

I utilize some old 2x4 wooden scraps to use as spacers instead of the the rubber blocks it comes with. The rubber blocks work fine for quicker jobs, but leaving the vehicle on there for 6-7 months of the year makes them spread a bit more than I like.

The quality of the system is great, never had an issue with mine (bought it about 4 years ago).

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 5,000 lb model, I love it. It's the best thing you'll ever get before putting in a lift.
I've done several clutch jobs with one, including the diff and clutch on my C5 Corvette.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.