Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Colorado 2wd with the stock 18in wheels. I'm going to need new tires soon so i decided to go a little bigger

I order the 2in RC leveling kit so far and I'm trying to figure out how big of tires I can fit. I know there is an icon 1in rear block but not sure if I will need that yet. I guess depends on if I like how the truck sits. I was also thinking 1.25in bora spacers because I like the look and was wondering if those will help or hurt tire clearance. Also now I see people talking about bilstein 5100 shocks. Are those just to improve ride quality and do you get them front and rear or just rear?

So I guess I really want to know how big of a tire can I fit with a 2in leveling kit and 1.25in spcaers on stock 18in wheels and whats the deal with the bilstein shocks

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read this thread, except figure your tire size to be 265/65-r18 (same tire size as the 17's discussed in this thread): http://coloradofans.com/forums/193-2nd-gen-tires-wheels-suspension/210497-265-70-17-pics-fit.html

Bilstein 5100 (and Eibach) make front (only) ride height adjustable shocks that allow you to lift the truck with multiple bottom coil spring perch heights, skipping the need for separate spacer lift purchase. The preset heights vary between the 2 mfg's.
So my stock size is 265/60r18 and with the leveling kit and spacers i could only go up to 265/65r18? What about 275/65r18?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
So my stock size is 265/60r18 and with the leveling kit and spacers i could only go up to 265/65r18? What about 275/65r18?
Based on stock wheels:
If you go up 2", it pulls the wheels in towards the frame. 265/65 can rub on the frame, depending on the tire choice. Adding a 1.25"-2" spacer will give you rubbing on the front wheel liner, but easily modified to be out of the way. Think about a body lift if going higher. Our wheel opening shape causes issues as you go wider too.

Read thru this thread, and observe what folks did to fit their wheels:http://coloradofans.com/forums/193-...uspension/202210-lifted-colorado-canyons.html

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
GM’s design team either....screwed the pooch, are idiots or intentionally designed the truck so that larger tires will not fit(your choice of any or all three)...

The wheel well design is not large enough to fit anything beyond a 31.7” tire without modifications or a hick/bro-lift high enough that the tires are no longer in the wheel wells.

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
282 Posts
I thought about the spacer-type levelling kits but went with Bilstein 5100's on all four corners after a lot of reading.

I paid for the install at a shop, and there is no difference in labor between a spacer style kit with pre-load like the RC 2" lift and the Bilstein. Both need the OEM springs removed and reinstalled.

Went with the full 2" lift up front. I did the rear shocks simply because I got a decent deal on the set of 4 shocks and the labor was cheap.

With the 2" lift in the front I am running 265/70R17 Cooper A/Tw tires on stock All Terrain rims with stock mudflaps. There is barely a finger of space between the tire and mudflaps at their closest point. Zero rubbing at full lock or over any bumps etc. while turning that I've noticed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Based on stock wheels:
If you go up 2", it pulls the wheels in towards the frame. 265/65 can rub on the frame, depending on the tire choice. Adding a 1.25"-2" spacer will give you rubbing on the front wheel liner, but easily modified to be out of the way. Think about a body lift if going higher. Our wheel opening shape causes issues as you go wider too.

Read thru this thread, and observe what folks did to fit their wheels:LIFTED Colorado/Canyons
Umm question of you can get ahold of me I’m having the same issue rn and i was wondering how i can make my tires not hit the frame

1 - 8 of 8 Posts