Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all --

This is probably a dumb question. I'm sorry ahead of time. Please forgive me.

I want to get new wipers for my Colorado. I was thinking about getting Bosch Icons because I've had the Rain-X Latitudes in the past (on a Honda Civic) and, while they were fantastic at first, they wore down incredibly fast and after about 6 months they barely seemed different than the stock wipers I initially had.

I looked in the Colorado Owner's Manual and it requires a 22" blade for the driver's side and an 18" blade for the passenger side. Cool. Went to get the Bosch Icons on Amazon, but Amazon has this warning at the top that says "This does not fit your 2015 Chevrolet Colorado." When I go to the Latitudes, however, Amazon is totally kosher and says that the 22" Latitude will fit my truck.

Does anyone know why? Is there a reason one 22" blade would fit and another wouldn't?

And does anyone have a recommendation as to which wipers are best? Should I just get the Latitudes again?

·
Registered
5,037 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
My guess is the Bosch wiper blade compatibility matrix hasn't been updated to show your vehicle. If it's the same size and has the same connector it'll work on your vehicle. The seller likely has a list of vehicles they have input to be compatible and haven't included your Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just bought the brand Valeo from RockAuto.com for my '16. The price was less than $6 per wiper. That is one-fourth the price of Bosch Icons (which WAS my preferred wiper, until they priced themselves to approx $25 each).

What I bought was Valeo ONE22, and ONE18. Plus shipping. Because I just installed a couple weeks ago, IDK how long they'll perform....but....
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've also had good luck with Valeo wipers in the past, and put a set on my 2019 after it came with plain old conventional style wiper blades. I prefer the beam style.

As for the Bosch showing that they don't fit, it could be that they have the wrong style connectors. You need them with J-hook connectors. I decided to try a pair of the pricey Bosch Envisions for kicks to see if they were really any better, and bought the recommended 22/18 "OE" sizes. Didn't think about the connectors, and when I got home, they didn't have J-hook adapters.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you want to find info on anything, do a search, type in like I did" Bosch wiper blades" in the box on the left above "Premium Vendor Show case, then scroll down to the coloradofans links
Thanks for the hint. Didn't even occur to me to search because I thought it'd be too specific of a problem, but lesson learned.

My guess is the Bosch wiper blade compatibility matrix hasn't been updated to show your vehicle. If it's the same size and has the same connector it'll work on your vehicle. The seller likely has a list of vehicles they have input to be compatible and haven't included your Colorado.
Good point. I'll check the Bosch website.

Just bought the brand Valeo from RockAuto.com for my '16. The price was less than $6 per wiper. That is one-fourth the price of Bosch Icons (which WAS my preferred wiper, until they priced themselves to approx $25 each).
How are you liking them so far? I'd definitely prefer cheaper but I'm willing to pay a relatively small premium for something that's quality and will last. For two Icons on Amazon I can get out for under $40, close to $30.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How are you liking them so far? I'd definitely prefer cheaper but I'm willing to pay a relatively small premium for something that's quality and will last. For two Icons on Amazon I can get out for under $40, close to $30.

Too early to tell long-term, but they wipe the windshield cleanly (I scrubbed the windshield before installing the Valeos), and there's no sloppiness. My previous wipers, Icons, started streaking badly in 8 months; I cleaned them w/ alcohol but it didn't make a difference. So changed to Valeos.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too early to tell long-term, but they wipe the windshield cleanly (I scrubbed the windshield before installing the Valeos), and there's no sloppiness. My previous wipers, Icons, started streaking badly in 8 months; I cleaned them w/ alcohol but it didn't make a difference. So changed to Valeos.
Good to know. Might be that they're just supposed to be changed every 6 months like recommended (crazy, I know).

I might give the full Rain-X line another try (i.e., windshield treatment, wipers, and wiper fluid additive). I was really happy with them in the past but just disappointed that they wore down so "quickly." Sounds like it might just be industry average, though.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Hey all --

This is probably a dumb question. I'm sorry ahead of time. Please forgive me.

I want to get new wipers for my Colorado. I was thinking about getting Bosch Icons because I've had the Rain-X Latitudes in the past (on a Honda Civic) and, while they were fantastic at first, they wore down incredibly fast and after about 6 months they barely seemed different than the stock wipers I initially had.

I looked in the Colorado Owner's Manual and it requires a 22" blade for the driver's side and an 18" blade for the passenger side. Cool. Went to get the Bosch Icons on Amazon, but Amazon has this warning at the top that says "This does not fit your 2015 Chevrolet Colorado." When I go to the Latitudes, however, Amazon is totally kosher and says that the 22" Latitude will fit my truck.

Does anyone know why? Is there a reason one 22" blade would fit and another wouldn't?

And does anyone have a recommendation as to which wipers are best? Should I just get the Latitudes again?
Find what you need thru the desired mfg website, and note the part numbers, then search it on Amazon.
Amazon's compatibility matrix is a piece of garbage for vehicle fitments, so do your due diligence first.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bosch Icons

I can verify that the Bosch Icon OE wipers do not fit as of yesterday. I went to Autozone and and they looked them up. said the Bosch Icon OE wipers would fit (22 and 18 inch) . Went out to put on and those wipers do not fit the hook type arms on the twins. Took them back in and went with Rain-X wipers. They were going to email HQ and have them update the database showing the Bosch do not fit.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
I can verify that the Bosch Icon OE wipers do not fit as of yesterday. I went to Autozone and and they looked them up. said the Bosch Icon OE wipers would fit (22 and 18 inch) . Went out to put on and those wipers do not fit the hook type arms on the twins. Took them back in and went with Rain-X wipers. They were going to email HQ and have them update the database showing the Bosch do not fit.
Hook? We have push button style, unless they've changed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are the OEs different than the regular Icons? Either way -- great to know! Thank you! Looks like it'll be Rain-X indeed.

·
Registered
11,508 Posts
Reactions: DWS44 and Col16

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought AC Delco Professional Beam wipers off Rock Auto to replace the conventional wipers that came with my 18.

Part Numbers 8-9922 and 8-9918

$11 bucks each nd they fit perfect and work well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
For any others that are searching for wiper blade replacements, it looks like the type of blade arm was changed starting with build dates in 3/18. So any builds 2/18 and prior are apparently the "tab" style and not the "hook". So 2/18 and previous have the 22OE/18OE part numbers on the Bosch Icons, and 3/18 and on have the 22A/18A part numbers.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
808 Posts
Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
2018 Colorado WT Extended Cab 4x4
169 Posts
...For any others that are searching for wiper blade replacements, it looks like the type of blade arm was changed starting with build dates in 3/18. So any builds 2/18 and prior are apparently the "tab" style and not the "hook"...
Wow. Really?! Chevrolet changed the wiper arm style in the middle of a production year run??? That helps explain things for me.

So, my original driver side wiper was loose the other day and I decided to just replace both sides. I couldn't get the driver's side blade off as it seemed to be "jammed" somehow. OK. So, I drive to Pepboys and I notice they have "free install" on wiper blades, great! Now I won't have to wrestle with the blade and maybe the service guys know a trick to loosen it up. I go in and look at the Rain X booklet, buy the recommended sizes for a Colorado. Go to the service bay, and the guy there says: "wrong ones". Crap! I go back to the counter, tell the guy I need the "push tab type" connector as per the service guy, and he hands me 2 different wiper blades. I go back out to the bay, and the service guy says: "these are the wrong ones, too". He storms off to yell at the counter guy inside, comes out with Champion CH-22-M and CH-19-M. Not the brand I would have picked, but they fit, so I'm gonna leave them puppies alone for now. They work. I've never had a wiper blade with that type of push tab connection before, so perhaps Chevrolet decided to go back to a more common design. Who knows. What a mess!

By the way, with this information above, regarding the design change, the online GM part number for 2018 Colorado wiper blades, may or may not fit your 2018, since there are 2 types of connectors, but only 1 set of part numbers. Best bet is to remove your blades and visually confirm the new replacement blade will work with your connector in person before you buy. Don't order online unless you are 100% sure the part will fit.

Reactions: Bow Tie
1 - 20 of 32 Posts