Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm new to the forums and tried searching for my answer but came up empty, so I'm hoping you all can help me!

About a week and a half ago I purchased a 2022 Canyon AT4 with the performance package, about 5 days in I noticed the infotainment system wouldn't change stations, I couldn't adjust volume, nothing on the touch screen worked, and after I shut the vehicle off, pulled the keys from the ignition, and opened my door, the radio wouldn't shut off for almost 5 minutes. This corrected it's self, hasn't returned, and I'm confident service will never find out why unless it happens again, but this isn't even what I have a question about.

After this occurrence, I noticed a few days later while driving after dark, that I couldn't find my radio knobs, they're not lit? I knew where they were obviously, but you couldn't see them in the dark. Now I know on my particular model I don't have push button start (still has a key) or any of the lane departure, forward collision features, so I don't know if this is also a feature they left out, although that doesn't make much sense, but I don't know whether to contact my service department to have it looked at or not (if they would even know).
All of the other controls are lit and easily found after dark, just not the volume and station dials.

Do you know whether they made a model with unlit control knobs for the radio?

Any input you all have is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Honestly, no one really knows what's getting left out or not, but usually it would be added as an RPO code or an update to an RPO code if something is getting left out. If you PM your VIN, I can look up and send you your build sheet for your vehicle listing all RPO codes for it.

My suggestion is contact your service department, let them know what you have experienced in the past and what you are currently experiencing and let them look at it. Even if they don't find anything, it will at least get recorded in your service history in case you experience any other issues with it in the future.

· Banned
2,205 Posts
Hello All,

I'm new to the forums and tried searching for my answer but came up empty, so I'm hoping you all can help me!

About a week and a half ago I purchased a 2022 Canyon AT4 with the performance package, about 5 days in I noticed the infotainment system wouldn't change stations, I couldn't adjust volume, nothing on the touch screen worked, and after I shut the vehicle off, pulled the keys from the ignition, and opened my door, the radio wouldn't shut off for almost 5 minutes. This corrected it's self, hasn't returned, and I'm confident service will never find out why unless it happens again, but this isn't even what I have a question about.

After this occurrence, I noticed a few days later while driving after dark, that I couldn't find my radio knobs, they're not lit? I knew where they were obviously, but you couldn't see them in the dark. Now I know on my particular model I don't have push button start (still has a key) or any of the lane departure, forward collision features, so I don't know if this is also a feature they left out, although that doesn't make much sense, but I don't know whether to contact my service department to have it looked at or not (if they would even know).
All of the other controls are lit and easily found after dark, just not the volume and station dials.

The radio knobs should be illuminated period. It should be covered under warranty. Take it back and have them fix it.

· Registered
2022 Colorado Ext. cab LT 4x4 in grey, de badged, fender flairs, flaps, fake lake, undercover. pipes
444 Posts
I have had the same issue with the radio control not lighting up also. If I turn up the I/P light they will come on but if I lower the light brightness to much the radio control light will go out before any others. I took a video and showed it to the dealer, the mechanic of course never saw the video and he reported they functioned correctly. We both know it is not the way they should operate. One comment here and it was the same issue but with the heater control lighting. The parts are built in different places and the lighting values are different between parts. A good answer but not a solution.
I have similar issue with the radio, Radio playing it shows " No Content Available" with no abletiy to change audio inputs.
I plan on a revisiting with the dealer. They want it for a day to check it out. But being and intermitent problem. Oh joy for the tech.
Luck

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting, my brightness is down partially, I will have to see what happens if I turn it to full brightness. I was lucky enough to get a video of the radio freezing up and not shutting off with the vehicle as well, gotta love "intermittent" issues.....

· Registered
2022 Colorado Ext. cab LT 4x4 in grey, de badged, fender flairs, flaps, fake lake, undercover. pipes
444 Posts
Great you have a video, now to get at tech to see it and not a service advisor relaying it to the tech.
Luck

· Registered
74 Posts
LEDs that adjust with brightness have a minimum power requirement which is why when you dim your dash lights, some go out before others. Unfortunately, just part of the game.

Reactions: Hunter62

· Registered
9 Posts
I have had the same issue with the radio control not lighting up also. If I turn up the I/P light they will come on but if I lower the light brightness to much the radio control light will go out before any others.
I have the same thing going on with my '22 LT. They only light but at full brightness. It's not really an issue since I almost exclusively use Android Auto but it is a little concerning.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH THE RADIO DIALS. I JUST PURCHASED 22 COLORADO LT. WHEN I USE DIMMER ALL RADIO BUTTONS DIALS THE LIGHTING TURNS COMPLETELY OFF. THE DEALERSHIP HAS HAD THE TRUCK FOR 2 WEEKS AND ARE JUST TELLING ME THAT'S HOW IT IS. SO BULLSHIT, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE TO GO FROM HERE?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts