Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they drop ext. and quads because they are softer? or because there is less coil?
i'm thinking of going for the lowering shocks+springs but cant decide on 4203s or the 4206s this should make my decision.
I want as firm as possible and i can get a total of 3 inches with 4206s or 3 1/2 with 4203s.

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
The 4203 springs are firmer than the stock springs yet slightly softer than the 4206 springs. The difference will yield about .25" of extra drop and the ride is more compliant.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot man!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
DBNissan said:
The 4203 springs are firmer than the stock springs yet slightly softer than the 4206 springs. The difference will yield about .25" of extra drop and the ride is more compliant.
my 4203's dropped my ext cab 2 7/8"

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
twopoint8 said:
DBNissan said:
my 4203's dropped my ext cab 2 7/8"
yeah id like to hear some experience from folks with 4206s as well, so you got almost a full inch more out of the 4203s! wow thats uh pretty nuts, noway there is enough difference in weight and balance for that much softness in the std. cab springs....

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i just got 4206s in my Xtreme about a week and a half ago. I'm very impressed so far. The ride isn't terribly different from stock as far as harshness is concerned. The thing i like the most: Severely reduced bump steer!!! My setup: belltech 4206s up front with belltech sway bar, and 2" blocks in the back.

I have never ridden in a truck with 4203s, so I can't comment there, but I love the 4206s

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think ive decided on 4206s = 1" off stock
as well as the lowering shocks set at -2"

so a total of 3" front

with the JTR 3" + 1/2" blocks

total of 3.5" rear

I know im gunna be on the bump stops though....

should i cut mine or buy new ones?

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Wow 3.5 inches of drop in back? i think youll pretty much be resting on the frame bump stops. You need to remove your yellow bumpstops and shave exactly 1 inch off of them to get some clearance. I would not recommend going anything lower than 2 inch on a ZQ8 unless your C nothed otherwise the ride is gonna suck balls.

And you better not be plannin on putting 20s on with a 3 inch drop in front unless you plan on cutting fenderwells out. 2 inch and your already rubbing with 20s.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
joshweaver said:

so a total of 3" front

total of 3.5" rear

the drop shocks are only 0 or 1". they changed the design and no longer have the 2" option.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
twopoint8 said:
joshweaver said:

so a total of 3" front

total of 3.5" rear

the drop shocks are only 0 or 1". they changed the design and no longer have the 2" option.
Yup.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah im getting the JTR tranny xmember.

so belltech's website is wrong? only -1"

guess i should only get 2.5" worth of block from JTR than

so ill be 2/2.5 and ill shave the bumps still; thnx alot for the input guys!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well im having a pretty tough time making my decision, im glad my refund check hasnt hit the bank yet lol.
I think i might go ahead and go with the 4203 and lowering shocks with 3" blocks

so thats about 2.5/3?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
DBNissan said:
Actually, the 4203 springs will only net you about 1.5"-1.75" of drop up front because you have a ZQ8.
he's doing the 4203's and 1" drop shocks.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
What size rims do you plan to eventually have?

4203s and 1 inch blocks will have you sitting pretty level and about 1 inches lower. I'd say go for 2 inch blocks and cut the coils a full loop for a level 2 inch drop however the ride suffers a little bit. Don't forget to trim 1 inch off the yellow bumpstops.

Like I said if you go with 20s then 4203s are ok, hell you can even cut like a full loop and a half off each to lower yourself down 2 inches but don't take my word for it im not buying you new coils LOL.

But if you plan on 22s then don't cut them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i am running the stock sport rims 17X8 with 255/50-17
I am going with 4206 and the drop shocks, and 3inch blocks. 2/3
my goal is to gain a firmer sportier ride along with the looks of the drop. the shocks and the 4206 should improve my handling characterics along with the lower cog. the taller sidewall that the 17 inch rim allows should keep the ride from being too harsh.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
err i might in the future go to a 20 but no plans of that soon and NEVER would i go larger than 20. i prolly wont go over 18". i really like these 5 spokes so... unless i jack em up i prolly wont ever change em.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts