Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have been a long time tacoma owner and have been loyal due to my tacoma being flawless mechaniclly for ten years! Im having a baby and needed a double cab since mine was only a access cab, after months of research I had gone to toyota to test drive the new tacoma. The engine was absolutly gutless and the tranny shifted very clunky and was not at all smooth for a brand new truck. In my research in found that the colorado had a diesel and was very curious as this would fit my overland type build I would be going for so I walked accross the street and test drove one. My first thought was how smooth the tranny shifted and the little diesel engine had plenty of power, the interior was well put together and immediatly knew i would not be purchasing a tacoma. It was hard for me to sell my tacoma but after test driving this new colorado I couldnt wait to purchase this new truck. I had chevy locate my truck and picked it up yesterday, 2017 crew cab long bed z71 4x4 with all the bells and whisltes boze, bedliner, nav etc. I had put 100 miles on this truck so far and the fuel guage has hardly moved! I litterally thought it might had been stuck, it drives as smooth as expected and overall I am very happy with my purchase! there is only 250 miles on the vehicle so hopefully it will be as reliable as my tacoma!

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride and the new addition!!
The CC long bed with diesel is a serious tow vehicle. Enjoy it brother!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
So I have been a long time tacoma owner and have been loyal due to my tacoma being flawless mechaniclly for ten years! Im having a baby and needed a double cab since mine was only a access cab, after months of research I had gone to toyota to test drive the new tacoma. The engine was absolutly gutless and the tranny shifted very clunky and was not at all smooth for a brand new truck. In my research in found that the colorado had a diesel and was very curious as this would fit my overland type build I would be going for so I walked accross the street and test drove one. My first thought was how smooth the tranny shifted and the little diesel engine had plenty of power, the interior was well put together and immediatly knew i would not be purchasing a tacoma. It was hard for me to sell my tacoma but after test driving this new colorado I couldnt wait to purchase this new truck. I had chevy locate my truck and picked it up yesterday, 2017 crew cab long bed z71 4x4 with all the bells and whisltes boze, bedliner, nav etc. I had put 100 miles on this truck so far and the fuel guage has hardly moved! I litterally thought it might had been stuck, it drives as smooth as expected and overall I am very happy with my purchase! there is only 250 miles on the vehicle so hopefully it will be as reliable as my tacoma!

Hope you don't, but I had the pleasure of wrecking on at highway speeds, (t-bone) and I walked away with a sore neck and a few scratches, bought the same truck as soon as insurance paid out. You'll be happy with your purchase, hopefully you don't get a lemon like I have :grin2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked if there was a buy, sell, trade thread on here and a moderator built one but it was only a link in the thread that i asked for someone to build it. I have a few take offs from my truck that i want to off load and figured someone here would like them like floor mats, step bars etc. There is nowhere to sell them so can someone please start a buy/ sell/ trade pinned thread on the main forum portion of the site. Maybe somehere around the suspension area. Just saying

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I asked if there was a buy, sell, trade thread on here and a moderator built one but it was only a link in the thread that i asked for someone to build it. I have a few take offs from my truck that i want to off load and figured someone here would like them like floor mats, step bars etc. There is nowhere to sell them so can someone please start a buy/ sell/ trade pinned thread on the main forum portion of the site. Maybe somehere around the suspension area. Just saying
Whomp, there it is !!! :wink2:
For Sale - WTB - Business Sales - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

Yea....its down below the 1st gen section.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congrats and welcome. When I purchased mine, I was also looking at the Tacoma. It was the old reliable Tacoma vs the newly redesigned Colorado. I took a chance on the 2015 Colorado, and have absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I looked at the Tacoma first. I never test drove it. I am 6 ft 4 inches tall. The only Tacoma's I fit in are without a sun roof. That's okay, I didn't really want a sun roof anyways. The problem is any upgrade to the Tacoma (done in packages) includes a sun roof except the PRO. So bare bones Tacoma or high end and expensive PRO were my choices. I jumped into a Colorado and fit, with room to spare. I am enjoying my Colorado too. Congratulations!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats. Weseloh is a good dealership - I got my'16 there (unfortunely I will be returning it there next week under lemon law but that wasn't their fault).

Still liked it enough to get a '17 with a few more options and so far/so good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow so returning it and getting the same truck? I have been looking to build this thing overland style and the suspension is there but bumpers are non existent! I've reached out to a few known builders and relentless is the only one that would build it. Anyone know of builders local that do good work in San Diego?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats. I test drove a ZR2 at the Weseloh dealership in Carlsbad before purchasing one in Glendale haha (I just couldn't wait for them to get one configured the way I wanted). I am sure you will enjoy the truck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats. Weseloh is a good dealership - I got my'16 there (unfortunely I will be returning it there next week under lemon law but that wasn't their fault).

Still liked it enough to get a '17 with a few more options and so far/so good.

One of the guys I work with returned a 16 diesel back to Weseloh under lemon law. Something with the DEF pump continually breaking. It turned out that it was the way the manufacturer was packaging them and they were breaking during shipping. Not sure why the first one failed though. He replaced it with a 17 diesel crew with the long bed. No problems with that truck so far.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome to the site Kyle!
Congratulations on the new truck and finally realizing (like many others) that the Toyota "quality" is not like it was 10 years ago.

And congratulations on the new baby on the way.

Reactions: Toughsox
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.