Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to pull DTC codes using the DIC? My 03 Vette uses the fuel/option button and my 09 Subaru uses the headlight switch and the odometer reset.

·
Vendor
106 Posts
You can see some information with the remote link app if you pay for on-star.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Thanks. Maybe someone will figure this out!
Never seen it done here in 3 years, and never seen it be able to be done in any of my past peasant grade GM vehicles: 05 Monte Carlo LS/08 HHR SS/11 Camaro LS/12 Camaro LT/12 Silverado LS/and current sig vehicles.

Onstar can read it, but I bought a code reader after a gas cap fiasco:grin2:

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have the base (free) onstar service, get the monthly reports. Recently my truck started with the stabitrak, engine light , less than a minute later I got a text from Onstar advising me of the fault, and to get to the dealer asap. I thought they would at least include the fault code.
My Canyon tends to give false lights that clear themselves after a few restarts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Scantools and OBDII code readers are fairly inexpensive these days -- I have an Innova 3040C. Clears freeze frame data and also retrieves ABS codes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Scantools and OBDII code readers are fairly inexpensive these days -- I have an Innova 3040C. Clears freeze frame data and also retrieves ABS codes.
Where is the so-called jack located that you would plug in the code reader for a 16 Colorado? Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
83 Posts
OBD2 port is usually by the drivers knees in that area somewhere.

·
Registered
10,628 Posts
I was told, in the US anyway, the OBD2 port MUST be in the area of the driver. On my truck it is under the dash to the left of the wheel.

here it it:

All cars manufactured for sale in the US since 1996 have an OBD II diagnostic port as mandated by federal law. Manufacturers are required to place the OBD II port within three feet of the driver and to make the port accessible without any tools. It is typically located beneath the steering wheel, within the footwell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.