Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of the kits sold today include ballast, bulb, and wiring. I haven't found many that replace the whole lighting system. I've read some articles that suggest when a car is produced with HID the manufacturer creates an angle to the casing (maybe a reflector) so the HID won't blind people. My question is, are you guys getting tickets for installing HID kits that don't replace the ENTIRE light system? Thinking about purchaing an HID kit...just curious.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Well, they are illegal.

So if a cop wants, they can cite you a fix-it ticket for it.

The only way they can be legal is if the vehicle comes with them from the factory because they have proper projectors that focus the beam pattern.

·
Registered
849 Posts
same here silverstars

·
Registered
319 Posts
Angle is everything. park on a empty road and walk out 200 feet with a cup and get back in and align the top of the beam on it. or park 10 feet from a wall and measure up 3 feet and top of beam there lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
dont go with silverstars. they suck. go with PIAA ultra whites. i have those and there amazing. i love em but im still gonna get me some HID's soon

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
For the price of those PIAAs you can dang near get HIDs nowadays.

Definitely adjust the angle. I have had mine on for a year now and not had any trouble with the cops. I've even seen them squinting at a light when they were in the next lane and siting next to my lights :lol:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
switzxx20 said:
However, if you're lifted.....you're SOL !
Is that just because you can't get them adjusted low enough, or what? I'd been considering doing the HIDs, but not if it's gonna be a problem. I already get enough peeps flashing me :roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had a pair of 8000K lights in my extreme for about a years now. I have not been pulled over for them, but then again I did readjust them. I won;t own an other car without HID lights.

·
Banned
433 Posts
has anyone passed inspection with them? here in texas, some places are dicks about having "blue" bulbs in place of stock bulbs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had my 8000k kit on since april of 06 and no problems at all....except for this state cop that lives in town by me. He walked over to my house while i was outside about two day after installing them and asked if they were legal. I just told him ya lol. The only thing he said to me was to point them down a lil bit cuz he couldn't see **** when I come at him. This is Indiana btw too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
guys I got a question what size is the bulb for hids, I have 8000k from a camaro 9006 low beam and 880 fogs will this go in the colorado?

thanks

Chris

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Bulb numbers are all over this website.....

9005 for lows
9006 for highs

1 - 20 of 47 Posts