Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking and reading a lot of useful info from this forum for a while now. Thank you for that!

No doubt I’m getting way ahead of myself since It’ll be a while before I’m ready to buy. Wouldn’t surprise me if the gen3 was out by then. But I just want to make sure that I’m more informed with my next purchase (ZR2ec) than I was with my previous one, as this one will likely be my last (just got rid of my ‘91 F150).

So the question that I’ve so far been unable to resolve is regarding the width of the front doors; extended vs crew cab. Are the (front) doors a bit wider on the ec than they are on the cc? Most (if not all) 2d cars’ doors are obviously wider than their 4d counterpart of the same model. But with trucks, if there is a difference, it’s not nearly as obvious.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
The bodies are the same width regardless of the trim package.....they all share the same dimensions that way. Matter of fact, all the Colorados are identical to the Canyons. I cant speak specifics for the lengths between the extended vs crew cab, but GM used to put that info on the BUILD A CHEVY website.

And welcome to the site :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the doors on the CC and EC are the same length. The EC isn't really a 2 door. It's not like a 2 door car, there are 4 doors.
Yeah, I knew that the extended section has it’s own, half-size doors. Just wondered if the front doors were any wider to make entry a little easier. But it appears not. Thanks for the info though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts