Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen one of these posted before - so here we go. 2017 GMC Canyon Denali Diesel

I ordered the truck in April - took delivery the first week of June - tore all four corners off about three weeks later.

Parts
Icon UCA's
King Shocks front and rear with clickers - custom built for the diesel by Kartek
Auto Springs add a leaf
Auto Springs diff drop
Method Grid wheels - 0" offset
BFG KO2 285/70/r17 - yes fairly significant trimming was involved - around 0.5-0.75" front of wheel well, 1.5-2.0" rear of wheel well

I am a dummy and don't know how to embed - thumbnails attached below

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Oh man. That looks awesome. I like everything about it. I want it.

I can't afford it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
wow - don't know if I would do all that to a Denali but it looks rugged now!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Looks great! Welcome to the King family!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great! Welcome to the King family!

Thank you! This forum was indispensable when figuring out what to do to the truck - your thread was of particular importance. Your original build is definitely the inspiration for the Denali. Thanks for showing a 285/70/r17 was possible (albeit with quite a bit of trimming).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was torn when deciding what to buy. The smaller size makes life a lot easier in and around the city - and it fits down trails a bit easier. The full size is definitely wider and has a much larger back seat - but I don't have to sit back there which made the decision a bit easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they improve daily driving. I ended up buying the ones with adjustable compression settings - so you can go from Cadillac soft to sports-car firm. I drove home from my buddy's house after the install with them set on the softest setting and it was laughable how cushy it rode. I usually have them set 5-8 clicks firmer than the softest setting and it rides a bit firmer than stock - but helps reduce body roll.

With that said - you notice the biggest difference off road. They seem to work better the faster and harder you drive. Trails you used to go 10mph up while rattling the fillings out of your mouth you can now cruise at 25. Drive faster and let the suspension work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.