Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
That is a throttle body delete which is needed for controlling EGR flow. If you don’t have EGR disabled then you can’t remove the throttle body and replace it with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have the egr deleted and unplugged on the back of the engine. I could simply replace that throttle body looking device with this and it would not throw any codes?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I do have the egr deleted and unplugged on the back of the engine. I could simply replace that throttle body looking device with this and it would not throw any codes?
In that case, yeah, if EGR is already disabled then you should be fine. If you want to be sure then just unplug the throttle body next time you're with the truck and see what happens. If you don't get any codes then you can replace it with the delete part.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am deleted and have the pro fab part to delete the air blade.

Not having it makes the truck idle funny for about 45 seconds if its below freezing outside, and it also shuts off a little harder.

You also will throw a code if you unplug it without your tuner specifically accounting for the fact that you are removing it. You wont be able to use your remote start, It will not however trigger a limp mode.

·
Banned
351 Posts
I am deleted and have the pro fab part to delete the air blade.

Not having it makes the truck idle funny for about 45 seconds if its below freezing outside, and it also shuts off a little harder.

You also will throw a code if you unplug it without your tuner specifically accounting for the fact that you are removing it. You wont be able to use your remote start, It will not however trigger a limp mode.
The last statement is only true for untuned.... Otherwise remote start works fine

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
The last statement is only true for untuned.... Otherwise remote start works fine

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Right. I meant if you weren't tuned and unplugged it, you would throw a code, which means no remote start. It doesn't trigger the truck into limp mode though.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Shut down is rough because the air flap is not there. This is a popular mod in the TDI world on the ALH and BEW engines. The flap does offer a shut down effect because it is vacuum actuated. It also offers some safety in case of a "runaway" engine in that turning off the engine executes the vacuum circuit thus closing the flap which stops air intake.
It always bothered me running one of these which was called a "race pipe" in that the stock OEM throttle body has the EGR built in. A bit different on the 2.8L but still the function of the flap does have a use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts