Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not alot but a few times recently I've been having troubles starting my car. the entire day it ran perfect then it wouldnt start randomly, i'd let the car chill out for 30 minutes then start it again and it would start perfectly. cant be a battery problem, they cant charge themselves. maybe the fuel pump, i dunno. any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
im guessing your truck is new. im willing to bet almost anything you have a few dead cells in your battery, take it to the dealership n' have em replace the batt.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
id still check the battery n' alternator first...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
You also might be having the theftlock problem. Does the truck try to turn over and not start, or does it act as if the battery is totally dead and not turn at all?

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Check the connections on the battery first, if they're corroded, you may not be getting a good connection constantly.

Take a voltmeter to the battery and see what its reading, too.

The alternator would be covered under warranty, but if the alt was the problem, the truck would die while running, not when trying to start it, trying to start it goes solely off the battery.

As far as theftlock is concerned, the vehicle would still start, but it'll shut off after a few seconds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts