Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Called procomp they say it will work on the zr2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If these are for a Z71 they may bolt on a ZR2, but well be a few inches on the short side.

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've had mine for a year or so. They are well made and I have no complaints. That's a great deal for someone looking for a little upgrade.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The sad thing is that there actually are opportunists that try to make money without doing their due diligence. And consumers that take their word as fact that it will work, just buy it. I would never buy from anyone anything that isn’t R&D extensively Where my vehicles are concerned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordered that kit yesterday and got it today!!! Everything looks good, didn’t know you have to assemble them. I thought they came pre assembled, but hey fun little project! Any one knows the torq spec for the UCA mounting bolts?
D16604E2-97BC-45E9-92D6-A342BAFFA202.jpeg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ordered that kit yesterday and got it today!!! Everything looks good, didn’t know you have to assemble them. I thought they came pre assembled, but hey fun little project! Any one knows the torq spec for the UCA mounting bolts? View attachment 386181
I'll be installing mine this weekend weather permiting. F8LZ71 should know the torque specs as he upgraded his a couple of months ago. I'll be scouring the inter for them tonight & tomorrow. If we don't hear from anyone & I find them I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll be installing mine this weekend weather permiting. F8LZ71 should know the torque specs as he upgraded his a couple of months ago. I'll be scouring the inter for them tonight & tomorrow. If we don't hear from anyone & I find them I'll let you know.

I saw that he used the Freedom Off-road kit which I was about to order tomorrow. And then you posted that the Procomp were at a great price. I didn’t have a preference between the two I’m just in need of UCA’s after I put the Eibach Kit on. So thank you for sharing that because it was just perfect timing for me! By the way would you happen to know what kind of grease to use to pump into the zirk fittings? Have any recommended grease guns to get? I would like to install mine this weekend but I know I will have to get an alignment afterwards. And I have to rip apart my AAL 1.5 kit, cut them to the correct length and drill new holes for the Teflon pads because apparently my leaf pack for my 2016 Canyon is different then everybody else’s 🤬

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I saw that he used the Freedom Off-road kit which I was about to order tomorrow. And then you posted that the Procomp were at a great price. I didn’t have a preference between the two I’m just in need of UCA’s after I put the Eibach Kit on. So thank you for sharing that because it was just perfect timing for me! By the way would you happen to know what kind of grease to use to pump into the zirk fittings? Have any recommended grease guns to get? I would like to install mine this weekend but I know I will have to get an alignment afterwards. And I have to rip apart my AAL 1.5 kit, cut them to the correct length and drill new holes for the Teflon pads because apparently my leaf pack for my 2016 Canyon is different then everybody else’s
I was going to order those as well & found those & ordered them on the spot.

Not sure what grease to use my son in law, who is a mechanic has all that stuff. I'm sure someone here or a quick Google search will yield some good info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok so I called / emailed all of the manufactures that I know of who make UCA’s for our trucks. This is what they recommended.👇

Procomp - UCA marine water proof grease.
Uniball Dry Teflon lubricate ONLY.

Total Chaos - UCA Synthetic grease that contains PTFE called Superlube (No. 41150) If Superlube is not readily available use a good synthetic grease (Mobil 1, Valvoline, etc.
Uniball Tri-Flow Superior Dry Lubricant (No. TF21013) or CRC Dry PTFE Lube (No. 03044).

Dirt King - UCA Prothane Superlube.
Uniball Tri-Flow Superior Dry Lubricant.

Freedom Off Road - UCA are sealed so no lube.
Uniball if squeaks, make sure truck is at resting position loosen the ball joint then Re torque where there is no binding of the balljoint.

Baja Kits - UCA Mobil one synthetic grease. Or any good synthetic grease of your choice.
Uniball Triflow Dry Lubricant.

Icon Dynamics- UCA any synthetic lubricant that has POLY in it.
Delta Joint use same lubricant as the UCA’s. When greasing the Delta Joint, pump grease into the fitting until you see grease oozing out the bottom of the Delta Joint then just wipe off the access from the oozing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure if I just got a lemon but heads up to anyone who has ordered the ProComp UCA kit for our trucks. The Zirk holes on the UCA are not tapped.
C1702E35-236D-476A-A223-A650A9EC51EE.jpeg
334C73EB-B7A1-46B7-8625-585FBD465F63.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Called ProComp about the none tapped holes for the zirk fittings. Apparently the zirk fittings are self tapping.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts