1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
Nice find!

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
Just ordered them. $282 w/ free ground shipping. I was a saving for the Freedom Offroad that you have but this is a deal I couldn't pass it up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Agreed and you get uniballs. :)

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
They're cheap for a reason. Pro-Comp has gone by a number of names over the years. They are cheap off shore copies of real parts developed somewhere else - usually the US.

SPEEDMASTER79 : COLORADOSPEED - LATE MODEL DOMESTIC (AMERICAN MUSCLE) | IMPORT (EUROPEAN | SPORT COMPACT) AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Never buy cheap parts. They're too expensive.
That's a good generalization but for some parts cheap is fine. The average Joe doesn't break UCAs and it's not like were talking a small or even moderate difference in price between the ProComps and the high end pieces.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
They're cheap for a reason. Pro-Comp has gone by a number of names over the years. They are cheap off shore copies of real parts developed somewhere else - usually the US.

SPEEDMASTER79 : COLORADOSPEED - LATE MODEL DOMESTIC (AMERICAN MUSCLE) | IMPORT (EUROPEAN | SPORT COMPACT) AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Never buy cheap parts. They're too expensive.
Well they're normally $550-$600 & are made in the USA (California) with TIG welded Chromoly. I was told this vendor is closing them out(for the Colorado), that's why they are heavily discounted.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a good generalization but for some parts cheap is fine. The average Joe doesn't break UCAs and it's not like were talking a small or even moderate difference in price between the ProComps and the high end pieces.
Just did some research & they are two completely different companies. Procomp Technologies (now SpeedMaster79) is not affiliated with Pro Comp USA in any way. Pro Comp USA is is a wholly owned subsidiary of Transamerican Auto Parts Co. (4WP) which was purchased by Polaris in 2016 that has only made aftermarket off road parts. | Transamerican Auto Parts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The ZR2 uses a different UCA than the Z71 and other models of the Colorado. They show these fitting all Colorado's including ZR2 but that can't be right.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The part number matches the pro comp part number, so are you guys saying that pro comp is just allowing a crap company to make an inferior product with their white label?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The part number matches the pro comp part number, so are you guys saying that pro comp is just allowing a crap company to make an inferior product with their white label?
Not sure what you're referring to but, they are made at their factory in California.

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
Just chuck em on and see how they work out. The rest is internet semantics.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The ZR2 uses a different UCA than the Z71 and other models of the Colorado. They show these fitting all Colorado's including ZR2 but that can't be right.
Somebody knows what fish smells like.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Called procomp they say it will work on the zr2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can’t find anyone running these on the ZR2 and can’t see how they would work I’m going to hold out for the SPC ones. Hope they release them soon.

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
I can’t find anyone running these on the ZR2 and can’t see how they would work I’m going to hold out for the SPC ones. Hope they release them soon.

That's what I would do. I think someone is just reading the description in their database and repeating it without actually realizing they are different applications.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts